Festool Domino

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrit":2tt74o74 said:
.....(Dominators were a type of Norton for those not in the know \:D/ )
Scrit

Had one of those for many years, introduced LOML to her first motorcyle ride at the age of sweet sixteen, says something for the quality of the machine that she is still with me.

Thanks for the Memories Scrit.

How very flattering :)
Fortunately I have a thick skin :)
But am now leaving for Wembley, then Heathrow, Manchester and Togo.
Don't go to sleep :twisted:

Dom

sorry been away to make sure this is not my "domino day "

(apologies to a certain dutch firm that claims to make italian spaghetti sauce :twisted: )

i have a bowl of pasta ready to boil if the dreaded knock comes on the door :lol: have the scotch stuff not that weak italian grappa :roll:

must get some garlic to hang over the door :lol:

see you very soon dom 8)

paul :wink:

To save on your mileage Dom can I suggest the following: Manchester, Wembley, Heathrow, Togo. :wink:

Also, would you mind bringing out my new veritas plane - I'd quite like to see it before I end up in the foundations of a local construction site :lol:

Ciao!

Steve

PS. my daughter said she likes the idea of having her own horse but would prefer it in once piece - not in instalments :wink:

you know i must be unwell, the penny has only just dropped. :twisted:
all these threats from dom, they are only his way of getting cheap tools that he won't normally buy for his intended new venture of high priced
"one offs" :roll:

i await the lorry arriving dom :lol:

paul :wink:

Hi ya
I just joined this forum because I have just bought a Festool Domino £514
And am very displeased with it.
So where do I begin,
Very loud & cheap sounding motor, tried to do a face joint as a test and one pieces of timber was 2mm higher than the other and had to recut the joints twice to get it level ?
After close inspection I found the angle plate screw to be out of line so when you tighten the angle plate it twists.
Very cheap looking resembling something you would get from B&Q not
one of the so called best manufacturers in the world, they should be ashamed. After saving for so long !! :cry:

I am now going to get a Mafell Duo-Dowel Jointer DD40..

Jere

Jere, when I was looking to get a domino over a year ago, I read posts like yours... in fact from what I can remember, almost identical..

I have domino and it's an incredible bit of kit in my opinion. Also, this isn't my first post so I'm not here just to do a bit of marketing :)

itisiceman":p6v9t2d9 said:
Very loud & cheap sounding motor

That's going to be the gearbox, not the motor. There's a lot going on in there, and knowing Festool it is likely to be all metal, where other manufacturers would slip in some plastic.

pike":21jqr0ei said:
Jere, when I was looking to get a domino over a year ago, I read posts like yours... in fact from what I can remember, almost identical..

I have domino and it's an incredible bit of kit in my opinion. Also, this isn't my first post so I'm not here just to do a bit of marketing :)

Look at the date of the post you have replied to :D .................... it's over two years old :shock: :D :D

I think he'll have exchanged the domino by now............... :D

Back