festool ANGLE GUIDE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf, of course perceptive, but really, a bevel gauge, you traditionalist. It’s a bevel gauge that keys into the guide rail and has a stop to position the gauge against the wood. Hey this is measure once, cut once, we are talking of here. Blimey it must save minutes each time its used. Add those minutes up and you could have time for another cuppa in the day. And as taking time for tea means that relaxed and drowsy feeling which adds years to your life. Oh bother, I suppose if you fall asleep after the tea your back to before square one. (but maybe a longer life) QED. Buy the angle gauge and live longer.

Alf":31j5fzfo said:
Perhaps I've misunderstood, but that sounds awfully like using, erm, an ordinary bevel gauge... :-s

Cheers, Alf

All the bevel gauges that I've seen are too short to average out the bumps and curves that are commonplace in household joinery. Also the blades are too thin to locate against the guide rail (the back of which is rounded over) properly. Digital angle measurers work better in this application, and have the advantage that you can measure and note more than one angle, which might be useful especially if you are working up a ladder

John

Fair enough, John, bevel gauge was just a general term for anything that takes an angle to use somewhere else - something digital counts! Mind you, one of my favourite bevel gauges is a homemade one with a wooden blade - negates the thin blade issue and you can make it as long as you like. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Back