Fence & Mitre for Kity 613

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MG1977

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was hoping to ask if anyone has any recommendations for a Fence and Mitre Fence for a Kity 613?

I'm about to pick up a second hand unit but neither of these accessories are included. This is will be my first bandsaw and I managed to find the kity after reading about a few of them on this forum.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...I'm about to order some blades from Ian @ Tuffsaws too...I hear they come recommended, but are they good across the range or does everyone recommend the Supertuff? I'm thinking of a 6mm for curves and a 20mm for ripping...does that seem about right?

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from those with more experience than myself. :lol:

Cheers

Michael

axminster do an upgrade rip fence- i think that they were out of stock when somebody linked to it though.

They also do this one, but without seeing the saw, i dont know how easily or whether it will fit.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/small-bandsaw-rip-fence

The mitre guide is a strange size. You will either have to modify an aftermarket fence- probably an overkill on a bandsaw IMHO, or find something taht will fit and is available as a replacement part. I would start by looking at axminster ts200 table saws or small bandsaws and see what they have. I wouldnt spend much on the mitre gauge for a bandsaw- you are not going to get glue ready mitres from the saw, so a mitre gauge accurate to a fraction of a degree will be overkill.

If you cant fit the cheap fence, and need to go to the 75 quid upgrade one, consider whether it is worth buying the saw. Once you chuck £100+ worth of bits onto it, it may be better to spend the same on one that is complete, unless you are improving it from the original.

Thanks Marcros,

I picked up the saw this morning...on first inspection it looks pretty solid, nice smooth movement of the blade etc. Could do with a little tlc, dry lube and probably a new blade but all aside I'm really happy.

I'm thinking about maybe just using one of these for the fence: [www dot] axminster [dot] co [dot] uk [forwardslash] progrip-guide-clamp (sorry can't post the link properly)

Still struggling to find a mitre gauge that will fit the smaller 15mm t-groove :(

Making a replacement bar to fit the guide shouldn't be a big job. Aluminium if you want to be flash, but a hardwood will do equally as well, and can be tweaked by sanding or a hand plane to make a nice tight fit.

That is how you can make a "standard" aftermarket gauge fit non standard mitre tracks on a table saw too, and how you make a cross cut sled.

If you only plan on cutting a couple of angles- 45 degree, 30 degree etc, you could always make a sled with an adjustable fence, instead of a mitre gauge. They are more common on table saws but would work on this application. If you were doing a variety of angles, it probably wouldnt be as feasible.

To be honest it is probably more for the crosscuts and possibly 45degree, in which case the DIY hardwood approach is probably best.

The site i'm on at the moment has one of these
http://www.axminster.co.uk/makita-mlt100-saw-bench
Also there are 2 of the mitre gauges knocking around and the bar look a similar size to the axi ts200 i have, so i will either get some measurements or see if the foreman will let me borrow it to try it in my saw at home and report back. :)

Cheers Carl, do you have the kity 613 too then?

Great landscapes btw!

Michael

MG1977":1axpy39l said:
Cheers Carl, do you have the kity 613 too then?

Great landscapes btw!

Michael
No i have the Axminster TS 200 which is modelled on the kity TS. I doubt kity would change the mitre saw slot size between band/table saws.

Thank you re landscapes. :oops:

Hi.

Did you get anywhere with this. I have just got a Kity 613 myself. Bit of a bargain but it has no fence or mitre gauge so need to look at after market ones myself.

I also fancy swapping out the guide blocks for bearings if you have done seen anything on that?

Rick

Hi Rick, I've gone the DIY approach at the moment. I have a nicely planed piece of cherry (just happened to be spare) that I clamp in place as a fence with another piece I've fashioned as a makeshift mitre gauge (just at 90degrees for cross cutting at the moment)

I wasn't convinced that the clamp on guide system from rutlands I was looking at would have worked out...and plus I'm a cheap skate and didn't want to splash another £30!!

Back