Fence for Wadkin ags10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter G Denmark

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello.

i realize this topic has been mentioned before, but i'm still not sure ho to proceed.

I just got a hold of a pretty beaten Wadkin ags10 (my second). Most of the saw can be fixed with new bolts and a good cleaning.

But the Fence back slide bar is bent,and doesn't look like the original fence bar. It's the long bars that accepts the the table extension.

The first 65 cm are pretty straight, but the it bends around the 3rd bolt hole. at the 4th bolt hole it looks like it's been cut, and put together again with a botched welding job.

This means, that there is a 10mm gap when i lay the bar on a flat surface.

I have no idea how to fix this, and i suspect that if i try to straighten it with heat and a tube to slide over the bar, i won't be able to get it 100%, which would mean that the last 80cm of the bar wouldn't be parallel with the front bar. I don't know how perfect the alignment between the front and back bar has to be, before the self squaring would not work?

Don't know if one can get a hold of a spare bar, but i guess it would be damn expensive - especially since it has to be shipped to Sweden.

So i'm looking for an after marked fence. My workspace (and my wallet) won't allow for the incra design, so has anyone fitted another fence system to this saw?

Both my Wadkin saws have problems with their fences being beat up, which renders them pretty much useless for the time being.

Links to places where one can buy the things needed would be appreciated.

Thank you.

That's the kind of fence i scrape by with these days, but would like a more permanent solution, that is less fiddely to set up.

I've build a couple of Mathias Wandels jigs - there so cool.

Latest posts

Back