Fein multimaster-switch problem.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pswallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,I took my multimaster out today (to use finger sanding attachment) and much to my dismay I found it extremely difficult to actually switch it on.

I suspect like many of you out there the fein isn't A power tool that is used often but is exelent for some very specific jobs.

I haven't used my multimaster in 3-4months but the switch worked well at the time.

Has anyone else had any problems with the switch on theirs?

Thanks Phil.

Hello Phil,

Had that problem with mine a while ago, I just gave it a spray of WD40 and it has been fine since.

Cheers, Pete

Give it a blast with compressed air. The switches get hard to use because they have quite fine tolerances so it takes very little dust and debris before they start to bind up. I avoid oil in the switch only because that tends to attract more dust and grit at a later stage.

Paul

Thanks for the replys guys, I will try the suggested solutions but I think this might be A problem with the switch it's self.
It was that stiff I had to use the shaft of A tack hammer to push the switch forward !

I was just wondering was this just A problem with my unit or were other multimaster owners having this problem. I've only had the thing about two years and it hasn't had any real heavy use and I wouldn't expect A switch to 'go' on A brand like fein after such A short time considering the light work load.
Thanks Phil.

This is just dust in the switch. Mine did exactly the same thing when I was using it to remove tile grout. Compressed air into the switch to blow it out and then make sure you always put it away when your finished with it.

Paul.

I had this and of course went overboard, buying a pair of new brushes for the motor.

On taking the thing apart I realised the wires were loose in the terminal blocks. Its happened again and I've bunged a smidge of threadlock in there to stop the screws undoing. Must be certain vibration frequencies loosening them.

Its probably is dust but you could do worse than check this too.

Marko

Mine jammed up because of dust under the switch (likely grout). I gave it a good squirt with Servisol Super 10 contact cleaner/lubricant and wiped off the excess with a paper towel and it did the job. It's designed to be sprayed into electrics and evaporates off afterwards leaving a film of lubricant. Same stuff fixed my doorbell the other day.

themackay":i726qhj6 said:
Mine is permenantly on at the moment
And mine, I just turn it off at the wall. (hammer)

One of my favourite tools for a long time. Sometimes it is the only thing that will do a task.

I also have a Ryobi Cordless version, but it is not in the same league as the Fein.

I understand the new multimaster top comes in a T Lok Systainer.

Back