Fed up sharpening pencils

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this is better or worse, I always think you don't put all your eggs in one basket so now you lose your apron and everything stored in the pockets unless your have a spare identical apron or always hang it in the doorway so you cannot lose it.
Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never lost my 'in use' joiner's pinny since I started wearing one, which I think must have been sometime around 1969 or 1970 when I started bashing wood during woodwork lessons. Having said that, I do always have a spare pinny handy with a minimal collection of essentials in the pockets, i.e., a tape measure, 150 mm rule, plus a pencil or two. In addition, I probably have fifteen or more pinnys or aprons. I change a disgustingly soiled one out for a clean one every few weeks for a clean(ish) one until I'm down to the last clean one to put on, at which point all the filthy ones go into the washing machine for a pinny only wash. Even after a wash they're not exactly pristine, but it improves them a little. Works for me. Slainte.

I
Do any of you folks who use a pencil marking gauge use carpenters pencils?

Possibly a bit off topic, but thought this was worth a mention regarding compass lead from Jack Forsberg's channel.
Was looking for a good time to post it, bloomin took ages to find again on instagram, glad to see him posting on the searchable youtube.
hope this works for ye

I've still got my staedler compass set from college in 1973.

Back