Facebook pop up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I got caught this morning, looking into a notification from a grandaughter a video clip pop up came up and said to view I needed to install //////////// or what ever it was to view video, I went for advance thinking I would avoid all the usual sneaky load ups. But no, I got them and it has taken sometime to delete all the programs dated 30/5/13 from programs uninstall. So beware.

thomvic":1y6k2m6p said:
What's Facebook?

Richard

A communication set up on computers and mobile phones and pads, You give your address details to family and friends and communicate similar to here, but more international.

devonwoody":ph9u9diz said:
thomvic":ph9u9diz said:
What's Facebook?

Richard

A communication set up on computers and mobile phones and pads, You give your address details to family and friends and communicate similar to here, but more international.

I was being facetious - much along the lines of Gasman.

Richard

thomvic":37biwxdg said:
I was being facetious - much along the lines of Gasman.

Richard

I think devonwoody was aswell :D

I use FB a great deal, I'm over 40 and you're right it is dangerous - and tedious - and a waste of time.

I use FB at its very basic level. I do not install the updates and do not install the 'tools' and other things it says you need in order to do such and such....
So many scams are run through FB and its best to hold at arms length

Jonzjob":2yapy30r said:
I wouldn't touch it with a very long pole, not even if I had turned said pole!!

Too many security problems for my liking ta!

You are probably wise to avoid it if you dont need it - but if you are careful with your privacy settings an sensible with security it can be as safe as you make it. In a way its the devil you know whereas browsing and visiting random sites isnt risk free.

I run a VW club and find the convenience of FB very handy. It saves a lot of inging around

You are probably wise to avoid it if you dont need it - but if you are careful with your privacy settings an sensible with security it can be as safe as you make it. In a way its the devil you know whereas browsing and visiting random sites isnt risk free.

I run a VW club and find the convenience of FB very handy. It saves a lot of inging around

can i have the web addy of the VW page please, i am cutting out a vw camper for a customer and will take it to him at a rally next wednesday.
I use FB all the time and never had an issue with it ..

It does have some benefits, we were lucky to have a great grand child addition to the family earlier this year and the parents live 300 miles away, we and the rest of the family receive regular photographic updates and the ladies are naturally interested. Eight other grandchildren plus three daughters of our own.

If the childs mother attempted to correspond with each member of her family via email etc. it would be quite an onerous task for a young mother and her workload at the moment.

So these set ups are useful, also some of the family are working in Asia and Africa and emails can be a problem also with government interference.

I opened a Facebook account some four years ago approx, because of advice receved from a forum post on another web site (Multiple Sclerosis Society ). But I don’t have a clue what its for, or what I should use it for, so it just sits there. From time to time I get an Email from Facebook, saying you my have new friends, when I look, there are a big list of names, which I don’t have the faintest idea who they are ?.

However I am over forty, in fact over forty by thirty years, so maybe that’s why I don’t know how to use it and by some of the comments on this thread, its probably better that I don’t. #-o

Take care.

Chris R.

According the my 14 year old daughter Facebook is now just for old people so we may all be OK now.

cutting42":30vgd67y said:
According the my 14 year old daughter Facebook is now just for old people so we may all be OK now.

Yep, FB not cool enough. Kids are turning away from FB because too many parents/adults are on there invading their privacy - the teens dont want mommy and daddy knowing everything they do - the fact that kids have to put EVERYTHING they do on a social network is both worrying and very uncool anyway - they'll realise the error of their ways one day :mrgreen:

There are so many social network sites now its hard to keep up. I've not got into Twitter (the other big one) but my wife does and she enjoys its content more than FB.

If you compare SN sites with forums, there isnt a lot of difference.

stevebuk":2po4dcn5 said:
i am cutting out a vw camper for a customer and will take it to him at a rally next wednesday.

We had a little project a school to make toys - usually in 20mm thick wood as its the profile that is key not the width - anyway, we gave a few kids the option to make it from thicker material. I made an example and because the wood thickness allowed it, I recessed the wheels to give a more authentic set-up. Then a fellow dubber asked me to make a tear drop for it :?: so i did.

It was a bit of fun and the ids enjoyed the project, a few even made campers

Attachments

• bus and tear drop.jpg
    bus and tear drop.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 740
I regularly get messages from Faecebook asking me if I know X or Y. Now I'm not on Faecebook but clearly some people are and they must open up their address book to Faecebook. Sometimes I do know the person and will have sent them an email at sometime in the past ten years but many is the time when i haven't got a clue who these people are.

It's no big deal as I now have a Rule set up that automatically deletes any emails from Faecebook.

Actually I went and looked at the email this morning "do you know" etc. and found it quite interesting looking at the photographs of our families friends and found it quite informative and interesting. ( I see who their associates and friends are and what their appearance conveys to me)

Myself I assume gets posted the same, but I use a non the plume so it is not obvious to strangers.

Back