F1

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else fallen out of love with F1 recently?

For me, these new rules are a joke. Cars are much slower and F2 lap times are nearly as quick. The V6 engines sound like a Mini on steroids. At the moment I'd rather have root canal work done than watch another race. :(

No
I enjoyed the first race. The sound is certainly different but I am watching to see how long it will take for the monied teams to pull away again.

To be honest I found the Australian gp to be a joke, the cars seem slow and sound ridiculous, this is supposed to be the fastest racing with the world's best drivers.
I'm going to watch the next round and then decide, if I don't like it after that then I'll not watch anymore. Which is a big deal for me i'm 38 and have watched almost every race for the past 30 of them, you could count the ones I've missed on your fingers I imagine.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I started falling out of love with it when it went to sky, and diresta not having a sponsor friendly face and having to go last year was the final straw. I've promised myself not to watch it this year even though I've watched it since being a kid and love seeing the best of the best.

Not bothered with it for years. Far too many rules/regulations/restrictions introduced over the last couple of decades.

It's just a money making circus.

I don't mind missing it and now you have to pay for the much better bike racing that's something else I am not going to watch.

Pete

I did years ago.

I much prefer more single series racing where money makes little difference and the cars are equal.

The Clio Cup is my favourite. All the cars are equal and the best driver wins. Plus plenty of action.

Hi

I'm still an avid viewer but lately my interest seems to revolve around how Bernie et al 'engineer' the results they want :roll: :roll:

Regards Mick

Pretty much what bugbear said. I lost any interest in F1 about 25 years ago. These days I watch the V8 Supercars for giggles. Fast, fun and excitement all the way.

Likewise - F1 is mostly a parade with little real action and fairly tedious. For excitement, evident rider and driver skill, and on-course competitive action, the large bikes and saloon car racing beats it hands down.

Regards

Terry

Terry - Somerset":iyhdulsx said:
Likewise - F1 is mostly a parade with little real action and fairly tedious. For excitement, evident rider and driver skill, and on-course competitive action, the large bikes and saloon car racing beats it hands down.

Regards

Terry
Yes but, with F1 you can pop to the loo or make a cup of tea with little chance of missing something.
Still watch it avidly though :)

Pete
You can watch bikes for free you just do it on your computer and your tv if you have the right connections

You can watch every sport you can think of on http://www.vipboxuk.co/

It takes a bit of getting used to and a bit of time bypassing the popups but it all works ok once you are used to it

I watched the aussie fi and the first motogp via my kindle fire that i connected to my tv

There is no way I will pay that aussie bloke or bt to watch either

Hope this helps

moppetsdad":29x3njd3 said:
You can watch every sport you can think of on http://www.vipboxuk.co/ It takes a bit of getting used to and a bit of time bypassing the popups but it all works ok once you are used to it

With Chrome and Adblocker and Adblocker+ the ads are controllable. 'TheFirstRow' and 'Feed2all' are good for sport also.

It's the only way I get to watch Arsenal without emptying my wallet (still end up crying, though).

I am getting tired of F1 too. And with Soccer for the same reason. Teams are 'buying' success, not competing for it. Hence the moans and groans from the Old Trafford area. Still they will be happy tonight I suppose. Aston Villa are their 'guests'. BTW, What's diresta?

Back