F&C Magazine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdotflorida

Established Member
Reaction score
My local convenience store had a copy of Furniture and Cabinet Making on the shelf. They got it in error as they normally only carry endless Celebrity rags and TV listings. Anyway, it was the first time I'd seen this magazine and I really like it. It carries lots of photos of high quality inspirational pieces, a couple of nice projects and a couple of tool reviews (generally of expensive stuff).

Does anyone get this magazine regularly ? I'd be tempted to take out a subscription if it's consistently like this one.

Jeff

I've got all but the first couple of issues, It is aimed more at the pro/serious amateur so the machine reviews etc are generally not in the DIY range.

You do get good quality drawings, good build up articles and some very nice furniture.

At least one of our members is a contributor.

Jason

I subscribe to F&CM, and GWW (well and PWW - popular woodworking), but I'm letting popular go as their ability to get me reliable copies is too rubbish.

I find F&CM a good read - and like you say - has "inspirational" pieces in it.

Adam

I don't buy it every month, normally take a copy on holiday/long trip. I find it is a good read.

Somebody at this forum got me some copies of F&C (that is what I like about this forum - we are all friends to help each other out)

And i can say it is a verry verry good magazine - like you said one for the more 'high quality work' or should i say for the more complex design ideas.

Yes that is it a complex desing ideas

McLuma

It's a good mag (best UK mag for me) but the American mags are far better

Thanks guys,

I am going to subscribe for a year.

I like the fact that it is aimed more at the serious amateur / pro level. I am under no illusions that I fall into either of those categories but I like the pieces it showcases and with a bit of inspiration who knows ?

Thanks Jeff

I subscribed about 6 months ago, you won't be disappointed it’s a excellent magazine, full of really useful stuff! I was so impressed I brought a few back issues too! Plus it’s excellent for students, I love it! :lol:

Latest posts

Back