EZ Smart guide system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reevoss

Reaction score
hi everyone, this has been proberly been brought up before but ere goe's can anyone point me in the right direction for a uk distrubutor of the EZ Smart guide system ,
many thanks,
reevos.

There is no UK distro. You have to go straight to Dino. Postage is normally fair but I've been hit with customs on about 50% of my orders.

It never really got off the ground. The guy just Vanished.

wizer":uotzayft said:
It never really got off the ground. The guy just Vanished.
He did have a website at www.eztooling.co.uk

Google was finding it as recently at June 2009 but its been taken down since then. The site was setup in 2007 so he may have had a bit of a run at it.

Just found the site was mirrored at EZSmart.eu - which is still half there - the contacts page gave the number 0845 838 6356. It may be out of date now though. No other contact details which was a bit weak.

I think he was not that active on this or other forums due to people being quite touchy about whether he was "selling" or helping in posts. Once that happens its hard for a small guy to reach his marketplace at all.

kevinr":2nh9fq5e said:
I think he was not that active on this or other forums due to people being quite touchy about whether he was "selling" or helping in posts. Once that happens its hard for a small guy to reach his marketplace at all.

If that's true it seems a shame. After all, nobody on here seems to have that sort of problem with Matthew. I certainly don't.

wizer":2t7epa8x said:
It's not true. It's complete rubbish.
I'm not going to take this discussion any further than this post but to justify my comment --- I remembered from the time that he hadn't exactly been welcomed with open arms any more than Dino has been at times.

As far as I can search member "pewe" only posted in 7 threads after going public about his involvement with EZ. The initial thread where it came to light resulted in his posts being moderated with "is a supplier" when most (if not the very first) included that information in the text. His posts in this thread.

Apart from an immediate challenge about his involvement, which may have been justified, he then gets a kicking over price, the mod-tagging of his posts (whether biased or not, or including his seller status already).

This forum like many has always been wary of selling on its pages - but that thread plays back about how I remembered it.

Equally I don't think his attempt to get the company going was too well supported from the US end as he'd have to cover all the shipping and duty and VAT (plus warehousing AND dare one say profit) while Dino could offload all the costs to the end user. Without a big discount from the USA he'd have little room to compete, even with EZ themselves.

You implied in your original post that this forum was responsible in some way for Peter West (the UK Distro) not being successful. Which is, as I said, complete rubbish. He got either bored or busy with his other business and never perused his interest in the business. Dino didn't help buy undercutting him and selling direct to the UK. I was always confused as to why Dino and his product was met with disdain on this forum. The system is brilliant, I can't fault it. It's a shame Peter decided to give up, as I think it could have been a success over here, with a little effort. But you simply can't blame this forum for EZ Smart not getting off the ground over here.

kevinr":t25l54se said:
Equally I don't think his attempt to get the company going was too well supported from the US end as he'd have to cover all the shipping and duty and VAT (plus warehousing AND dare one say profit) while Dino could offload all the costs to the end user. Without a big discount from the USA he'd have little room to compete, even with EZ themselves.

wizer":t25l54se said:
...... I was always confused as to why Dino and his product was met with disdain on this forum.

That says it all, really. Small wonder that he decided to give it up. I've also explored the possibility of importing some stuff from the States and basically their market is so large many companies can't be bothered with the hassle of dealing with us. As for supplying directly to the end customer then that's unforgivable.

kevinr":23oz83c6 said:
As far as I can search member "pewe" only posted in 7 threads after going public about his involvement with EZ. The initial thread where it came to light resulted in his posts being moderated with "is a supplier" when most (if not the very first) included that information in the text. His posts in this thread.

the difference between that thread and say our relationship with matthewwh or terry smart or richard from axminster or many others is that mathew/richard/terry et al are always been upfront about who they are who they represent

Pewe on the first page of that thread is recomending EZ over festool without giving any indication that he's a dealer - hence the mod tagging.

ergo its not selling that the forum has a problem with but that kind of disingenuousness.

It is a shame that the UK distro for EZ didnt get off the ground but its not this or other forums fault - the blame for that lies partly with Pewe himself for spoiling his chances of interacting with his market by not being upfront about his motivations, but mostly as was said above with dino for cutting the legs out from beneath him by dealing dirrect.

as to Dino the few times ive seen him in action its been his attitude that got my hackles up - yes EZ may be a good system, but it is not a wonderous unique thing of shining gold produced in the forges of the gods and without earthly equal.

big soft moose":1s4dvywj said:
yes EZ may be a good system, but it is not a wonderous unique thing of shining gold produced in the forges of the gods and without earthly equal.

Reminds me of the Cillit Bang adverts! :wink:

Dave

Although unlike Cillit Bang, the EZ system really does do what it says on the tin and does it extremely well. Dino may be a little over the top, but if I had developed a system as good as that I would probably be prone to outpourings of enthusiasm about it, too! :)

Hi guys.
I like to set the record straight.
UK is our biggest market outside US. CA comes third.

I tried twice to have a UK dealer in order to make it easy for all.
The first importer ( dealer) Roger? was a double agent.
He was using eurekazone to direct customer to Festool.
Our UK customers noticed the funny game and Roger refused to remove the eurekazone name from his website. Long story but is over now...

Peter is a nice guy but I can't even get in touch with him.
In both cases we directed our customers to the dealers.
Only when the customer was refusing to deal with the dealer we shipped direct and credit the legit profits to the dealers account...
in order to recover some of our investement.

I hope someone can talk to Peter?
I like to see if he's Ok.

Thanks for all your support and soon we will have the ez product line made in GR. This forum was a big help to start.

Sorry for the late post but I just saw the thread.

YCF Dino":4cozckdh said:

why dont you just sell/distro through one of the big dealers like screwfix, toolstation, axminster, yandles or rutlands etc ?

(a genuine question, not intended as a slight)

big soft moose":1jut2410 said:
why dont you just sell/distro through one of the big dealers like screwfix, toolstation, axminster, yandles or rutlands etc ?

I seriously wish he did. Just had to get some consumable bits for mine.
Can't fault the service but the 'bits' were about £15, the postage , not their fault I know, cost me £40.

big soft moose":3is9r3du said:
YCF Dino":3is9r3du said:

( a genuine question, not intended as a slight)

No problem.
We're talking to a big dealer and we will as soon we finish the final touches and offer a complete catalog.
With a new product line you have to take your time and make sure that everything works perfect.

thanks.

Back