Extracting dust from various small tools - how?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertMP

Established Member
Reaction score
I seem to get through a fair bit of duct tape connecting the hose from my industrial vac to various hand held tools!

All different brands of course and all different hose sizes and connector styles. Sanders, routers, saws... whatever all different!

Just wondering if there is a simple solution to the problem. Ideally some kind of adaptor that could be permanently fitted to all the tools and a coupler for the end of the hose.

Might try plastic push fit waste plumbing if there is nothing better. Using a detail sander and a RO sander today was a right p.i.t.a. swapping the hose. Both have collection bag options but I don't like that idea.

The Axminster site is refusing to load here at the moment.

That Record one - do they make a matching accessory to attach to the end of the hose? I'm assuming you leave the yellow thing on the tool as you would cut it to suit the tool. Oh and what diameter range can it cover?

Thanks.

What size hose are you using? It is designed to fit onto the end of a 32mm hose like this. The hose in the link fits onto a 100mm outlet/hose.

It has to be cut to suit the tool, unless the smallest diameter fits the tool outlet. I have several permanently attached to each of my tools.

Hi guys,
According to my browser following the link to Axminster/stepped adapter, the product is no longer available from Axminster...

just thought i would save you the time looking.

Is there some sensible reason why someone hasn't standardised a single hose connection with integrated electric supply? Just one click? Not even Festool do this!

Do any hand-portable tools have one? Anyone even seen a patent application for one? Not even a concept router from Vauxhall?

Strangly, both those Axminster links say 'product no longer available'. They worked earlier.

inventor":1r5ewrdw said:
Is there some sensible reason why someone hasn't standardised a single hose connection with integrated electric supply? Just one click? Not even Festool do this!

Do any hand-portable tools have one? Anyone even seen a patent application for one? Not even a concept router from Vauxhall?

No, but it sounds like an excellent idea to me. Patent it, you could make a fortune! :wink:

inventor":iv0gjdq5 said:

Like this one Inventor ?

http://www.ps-tools.com/catalog/product ... ts_id/2464

I'm using an industrial vac that was used in the powder coating plant at work before I closed the business - It used to suck the finest powder dust all day without problem and now it does equally well on wood :)

The original hose is long gone and I use it with a 5m length of 50mm superflex. The make etc is not really relevant. I just want some kind of connector I can put on the tools and the hose end so I can plug and unplug the hose. Sounds easy :)

I use a wireless remote controlled socket adaptor thing to turn it on and off as required.

Slimjim81":1z1ibnso said:
Strangly, both those Axminster links say 'product no longer available'. They worked earlier.

Axminster's site is being a bit weird from here tonight. It offers what appear to be extremely good bargains, such as the Fein QA35E for £4.70 or some Bosch extractors at under £30, also a Makita circular saw for £1.53, as per the screendumps below. However, once I clicked through to the products (thinking I'd have 100 of each and make a fortune on eBay...) I find the actual products are missing and it's just got dustbags for the extractors and a dust spout for the saw. I guess they're in the process of updating their site for the new catalogue, but making the changes gradually like they're doing seems rather unprofessional to me - it'd surely be better to switch from old to new database in an instant - or failing that, put up a "sorry, we're upgrading the website and it'll be back at such a time" page.

Anyway, to the screendumps:

Hi Robert,

I do not know what is up with the Axminster site but this is the adaptor I was talking about above.

link

If you cannot get it at Axminster now, you can get it here

link

It's CVA 100-50-101

HTH

Mike

I can see how something like that could connect two different diameters but how do you quickly remove and refit the hose? Is there a hose end terminator that push fits to it?

I really don't think what I want exists!

I want half a dozen or more adaptors for various port diameters on different tools (to which they can stay attached) and one common termination for the hose that will fit easily to the adaptors via a taper or bayonet etc. type action.

I want to plug the hose into the tool just like plugging a power lead into the wall.

Smallest port is probably the Bosch detail sander at about 20mm and largest the ROS which is a cast port for a dust bag and about 45mm diameter. hmmm then there is the bench belt/disc sander with its 60mm port... and so it goes on!

Hollowed chamfered MDF discs work fine in with my tools.

Hoseadaptor.jpg

Gill

looks like your right about the axminster site, seems a bit SNAFU to me too...
but i suppose they modify the site this way to keep the website available to users buying, even if you dont know how much your paying...

check out the Hitachi gas nailer £ 84.69 :shock: nearly bought half a dozen...till you follow the link and find its the gas cells(12 off)....
still we can all hope and dream.. :D

I see what you mean. On my system I have the largest end of the step down adaptor (100mm) plugged into a 100mm hose that is connected to my Camvac, and from there I just connect the hose from what ever tool I am using to the correct size section on the adaptor. Then when I want to use another tool it is just a simple matter of removing one hose and connecting another.

Cheers

Mike

Back