Expensive chisels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happens a lot on ebay, out of stock items are just increased in price rather than removed.

Actual price = £132

Mr_P":3nyhms3z said:
Happens a lot on ebay, out of stock items are just increased in price rather than removed.

Actual price = £132

Ditto that. I once sold an escher stone on ebay, and somehow made a quantity two listing. I increased the price from $400 to $4000 after the stone sold, and instantly got celebrity status on one of the shaving forums for trying to "sell a stone for $4000"

It can be really confusing trying to figure out how to delist an item on ebay, and when one sells fast and it looks like another is available, changing the price is the fastest way to make sure someone else doesn't buy something that's not available.

digitalbot":386tsypq said:
So nobody was insane enough to buy any at that price.

If I were the retailer, I'd be willing to track down another set if someone did (they would, of course, issue a refund.....but even that is a pain on ebay, because the buyer has to confirm that they didn't get whatever the product is to get the fees back......and on a sale at 10x the original item price, the fees would be as large as the original item).

...............If it's easy to amend the wording on the listing by sticking a nonsense-zero on the price of a basic-quality set of chisels, why not add 'out of stock' until they are back in stock?

Perhaps I've overlooked something fundamental....... sorry, my brain hurts - I need to lie down for a while.

Mathew?

Any ideas?

Argus":3i64zzo2 said:
...............If it's easy to amend the wording on the listing by sticking a nonsense-zero on the price of a basic-quality set of chisels, why not add 'out of stock' until they are back in stock?

Perhaps I've overlooked something fundamental....... sorry, my brain hurts - I need to lie down for a while.

Mathew?

Any ideas?

Sounds reasonable, but you never know how difficult it is to do something on ebay until you attempt to do it.

I recall a lot of listings used to say "subject to prior sale outside of the auction". I wanted to do something like that, unload a couple of tools and list them on ebay and elsehwere, but I don't think that option is there any longer.

Ebay's fees have gotten so high that I don't list much there anymore, anyway. It's easier in the states to deal with etsy. It takes a little bit longer to sell, but the process is simple like ebay used to be - and the fees a lot smaller.

Ebay is mind boggleing sometimes had my account suspended twice for no apperant reason. And when selling they will always side with the buyer. Even if you have 100% feedback. According to them i went out of my way to scam someone for a £5 zippo style lighter....

Adidat

Back