Excellent find

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knappers

Established Member
Reaction score
Look what I picked up from the local tip today. (why do I always leave with more than I take, oh, and yes, I mean the aeroplane, not the little boy).

plane.jpg

Needs a bit of TLC, as it looks as though it's been kept outside.
As some of the planks are coming apart where they have been glued, can anybody recommend a cheap biscuit jointer, or am I better off getting a biscuit bit for my router table?

Si.

Si

I'd bring it inside to let it dry out first. Then, once dry, you can have a look at the cracks. I reckon you'll be able to force some glue into the cracks and just apply clamp pressure to close the crack up.

Fresh coat of paint and it'll look good as new.

Cheers

Karl

yeah, the ones you can see in the photo aren't too bad. The seat has completely come apart, though.
Any opinions on cheap biscuit joiner vs cutter bit in router table?

Si

I always used to use the cutter in the table for mine. A few dowels would do.

good god won't his mother be worried!!!

how long have you had the model plane?? :lol:

That's a great example of how tips should work 8) 8)

Unfortunately ours has a policy of not allowing anyone to remove anything at all :twisted: :twisted:

Andy

toolsntat":1l9jc6tp said:

Unfortunately ours has a policy of not allowing anyone to remove anything at all :twisted: :twisted:

Andy

Ours is similar, thats because they all scam together and back pocket the money when items are sold to dealers...

toolsntat":dzfr9zo4 said:

Andy

Aye and at the same time they keep telling us to RECYCLE !!! . Typical !

Joesoap !

To be honest, when I asked them how much they wanted for it, they said they weren't allowed to sell stuff. I said they had better give me it for nothing then. Much to my surprise, my ploy worked. So I now have a model plane free and gratis, and a very happy little boy.

Si.

i'd go for router bit set. versatile if you have a table too. quite handy little tool, use mine a lot.

all the best

jeff

where are you based? It could be that a forum member will be able to assist with the jointer? One of the mags did a review of jointers recently...

Miles

Hands up all those who have got Sketch-up running, to design one of these for themselves?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Makes me wish I had a Grandchild of the right age. :D

Great find, and many happy hours for the 'ankle-biter' to come.

John

If you decide to go the biscuit jointer route then I would recommend the Clarke Constructor one. It is cheap but I have had one for a while and it has been excellent. I wouldn't normaly recommend Clarke tools, but this has been great, and at around £45 has been worth every penny!

i would be the same as flounder in that i would not normally recomend "inferior brands"as i am a bit of a snob when it comes to tools. having said that i needed a jointer in a rush and all i could get at short notice was a "faithful". that was five years ago and its fantastic.
i miss tips
graeme

Back