Excalibur Scrollsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fabulous; so quiet I no longer use ear defenders, so easy to set/change the blades, so little vibration (even on a Workmate bench), I love it and it's a workhorse to be sure, I feel it could be left switched on 24/7 and never get hot or fail.

Thanks for the feedback on that. What do you make mainly with it and have you any photos you could put up?. Always interested to see what members do.

Malcolm

Sorry, I had seen the items you had posted and they were very good. I just want to get one of the new Ex16's and get cracking, as I've not done very much scrolling.

Keep up the good work and enjoy yourself.

Malcolm

axminster are telling pork pies there is a 16 excalibur in stock at high wycombe store its the same one that was there 3 weeks ago at £489
its now at £499.96

Attachments

• ex 16 .jpg
    ex 16 .jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,136
They have a demo model only. All others have been sold and it's £499 if anyone wants it. I'm waiting a few more days now for the upgraded model

Hi Guys,

just had an update from Procurement at Axminster, which is as follows,

Just to let you know that our delivery has been put back by 1 week due to bad weather affecting the ship's ability to dock in Southampton. It's gone to Antwerp instead, so our shipping agent has to ship our stock back to the UK.
Just one of those circumstances that we have to put up with occasionally.

So, it looks more like around the 24th or after according to overland transportation for those who are interested.

Shame Malcolm, but you'll "just" have to be patient I guess.

What bad weather Brian? Well here (a long way from Galloway I know) although it's been warmer than usual (lots of spring flowers blooming) we've also had a lot of very high winds recently - as also shown on the Met videos all across the Bay of Biscay and up into the English Channel.

Meantime, many happy returns - your birthday must be about now Malcolm? But when you do get your new saw don't forget we'll expect a full report with loads of pix.

AES

It's OK guys, I have managed to sell off several bits of photographic gear that exceed the intended spend of arounf a hundred or so! If I pop off, do let her know not to sell anything below the price I said I paid!

Lovely sunshine here also, but also freezing.

Alexam":8u00g8jh said:
UPDATE - Info from Axminster head office, Procurement Manager, (very nice guy).

Launch of the new scrollsaw's will be 17th February. Same machines as the previous Excalibur scrollsaws, same factory in Taiwan with alteration of the NVR switch and hold down foot. Axminster Ex16 Trade £499 (Stock #101771) The Axminster Ex21 Trade £549 (Stock# 101772) (didn't get the EX30 price (Stock# 101773). Axminster colours, Grey/Red.

Axminster have looked closely at all previous problems with the Excaibur scroll saws to ensure they have been dealt with and they are exited at this new model will be an improvement, but it will not have the name 'Excalibur' on it as the name is owned by G.I. who will not permit use of the name and changes.

Guarantee will be 3 years and as it has the 'Trade' category, it can be used commercially as well as for hobby and remain covered. Some other manufacturers will not honour a long guarantee if the maching has been used commercially and say that in thgeir literature, (which we may all miss).

Hope this helps those who are interested.

The lastest update I've just received from Axminister that new scroll saws should be announced 8th March. The e-mail will be sent out to all that signed up for their E-mail club.

From the Axminister chat:

"Carly: No there is no announcement today, the new scroll saw range will be sent on an email on 8th March. We should have them all in stock by then, at present we are still awaiting delivery."

Oh dam I have to wait till next week for my new saw. Thanks for the update malcolm. P.s. Axminster do stock the foot switch and have them in stock . £90.00

Thanks for that info. I looked at the page and saw the new machines, but having got in touch with the head office today, they tell me they are in and being checked for delivery to the stores. Part of the message to me at 11.23am was as follows,

[ They arrived yesterday afternoon. At the moment we are batch inspecting as we have to with the first consignment of a new product. If all OK we will release the stock for sale today. We are going to photograph them tomorrow afternoon for the web site. Hopefully, most, if not all the stores will get stock by end of next week. We deliver to the stores with our own dedicated 40ft trailer unit, not by carrier.

The machines have an NVR switch fitted upstream of the front mounted rocker style on/off switch, so at the moment they will not work with a simple open/closed terminal foot switch. ]

That seems to rule out the normal foot switch until something else can be sorted out

Alexam":j3b7o9bk said:
Thanks for that info. I looked at the page and saw the new machines, but having got in touch with the head office today, they tell me they are in and being checked for delivery to the stores. Part of the message to me at 11.23am was as follows,

[ They arrived yesterday afternoon. At the moment we are batch inspecting as we have to with the first consignment of a new product. If all OK we will release the stock for sale today. We are going to photograph them tomorrow afternoon for the web site. Hopefully, most, if not all the stores will get stock by end of next week. We deliver to the stores with our own dedicated 40ft trailer unit, not by carrier.

The machines have an NVR switch fitted upstream of the front mounted rocker style on/off switch, so at the moment they will not work with a simple open/closed terminal foot switch. ]

That seems to rule out the normal foot switch until something else can be sorted out

They are in stock now :) =D>

It may sound silly but can the NVR switch be bypassed? I think the "Health and safety" is getting crazy in this country now. It makes sense to have NVR on some of the machines but why the hell on the scroll saw?

Back