Excalibur 804 on its way (at last)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramers

Established Member
Reaction score
i have ordered my saw and it should be with me on wed/thur next week :tool: :eek:ccasion5:

do not fear there will be a 10 page review on it, you all know how long i have waited for this, think i will have to take a day of dont want the delivery guy to roll it to the front door.

once brought a straight edge from axminster and ANC delivered it, it was nearer a P edge than straight edge by the time ANC had 1/2 hour with it.
i just laughed at him because it said "CARFULL DO NOT BEND" on the box, how he ever thought i would sign for that?

anyway i have gone for the new version, i am informed by woodford that the motor is inside it now but still a belt, has a 4" extraction point, they now come with a blade, the fence is practicaly identical but it is one peice.

i am now so excited i just want to be frozen and then defrosted 1 1/2 hours before it comes.

so i am now in the club i take it, should i change my user name to "THE NEW KID"?

SEE YA LATER ALIGATOR :D

Hey Bramers

Excellent news, awesome saws. Have fun with the assembly - the instructions are vague in places :roll:

have any good tips?

if i run into any probs do you mind if i pm you?

how is yours coming on?

Hiya

Pretty much done now but no pics at the mo and the saw blade supplied was a 30mm bore with no insert so a bit annoyed about that. Woodfords promised an insert in the post but nothing yet.

As regards tips, take your time, clean it up as you go (all the shipping protective gunk on the table), it all makes sense of a sort and you will have spare bits (mainly nuts and bolts etc) left over.

You are welcome to pm me any time.

as far as i know, just normal car body wax is perfectly fine isnt it?

bramers":313idtcs said:
as far as i know, just normal car body wax is perfectly fine isnt it?

Don't use a car wax that has silicon in it, you could have problems getting your finnish to stick. :evil:

Latest posts

Back