even professionals gwt it weong w

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davin

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm am sitting in the new departure lounge at Helsinki airport waiting to board a flight back to Gatwick.
Lots of Woody furniture to look at, including lots of 4 metre long oak refectory tables with built up ends to look thicker.
Each one has totally bowed upwards, so much so that drinks are in danger of toppling over. Blisteringly hot in here maybe that's the problem. Nothing to do but remake. Oops

Ah, Helsinki Airport!
I once bought an extortionately expensive sandwich there. It was an ordinary sandwich (and my employer was paying) but it tasted wonderful as I'd just spent 17 years, sorry, I mean days, in Leningrad (as it was then) eating food that was barely edible. That sandwich was fit for a king.

Steve Maskery":y4e8b4wh said:
Ah, Helsinki Airport!
I once bought an extortionately expensive sandwich there. It was an ordinary sandwich (and my employer was paying) but it tasted wonderful as I'd just spent 17 years, sorry, I mean days, in Leningrad (as it was then) eating food that was barely edible. That sandwich was fit for a king.

Comment of the week there Mr.Maskery. :lol:

Aren't we all a well traveled bunch. I once visited Helsinki and hence Finland for six hours. I lived in Russia and had to exit the country to renew my visa stamp. It was the closest place to fly to from Moscow, company paid thankfully as I don't remember the flight nor the lunch I had on my whistle stop tour into town and back being particularly cheap.

davin":1y4v7os6 said:
I got mugged in Stockholm airport last summer !
I paid £40 for four cheese and ham rolls!

When I went Inter-railing I spent the first few days in Norway, after that everywhere including Switzerland seemed cheap :D

The odd time I'm in Norway I'm on a strict diet, to not to eat anything else but what I have brought with me in my bag, and I always make sure I pack something to last me while I stay there. Even when you go to shop there which is miles away from closest airport you can't buy anything without feeling totally robbed.norway Airport food, nah I just go past that stuff and don't even look at the prices.

Weird that one terrible meal at airport can sometimes cost more than what you pay for the whole flight :D

owsnap":3ks87n8s said:
The odd time I'm in Norway I'm on a strict diet, to not to eat anything else but what I have brought with me in my bag, and I always make sure I pack something to last me while I stay there. Even when you go to shop there which is miles away from closest airport you can't buy anything without feeling totally robbed.norway Airport food, nah I just go past that stuff and don't even look at the prices.

Weird that one terrible meal at airport can sometimes cost more than what you pay for the whole flight :D

Couldn't afford anything to eat in Norway, just ate the bargains I'd picked up in Denmark :shock: on the way up, apart from a massive bag of almonds I got for a Krone. Can't read Norwegian so I'm assuming they were almonds :? .

RossJarvis":9x9scidf said:
Can't read Norwegian so I'm assuming they were almonds :? .

They are probably the ones from the old-people's home... y'know, the ones that USED to be covered in chocolate?

NazNomad":1cakmtqf said:
RossJarvis":1cakmtqf said:
Can't read Norwegian so I'm assuming they were almonds :? .

They are probably the ones from the old-people's home... y'know, the ones that USED to be covered in chocolate?

Brilliant...absolutely brilliant. =D> =D>

You owe me a new keyboard :wink:

Back