European Walnut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpl

Established Member
Reaction score
While clearing up today I found these smallish pieces of European walnut.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee33 ... G_0213.jpg

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee33 ... G_0212.jpg

As you can see they have rather a lot of splits in but for small projects they could be great. I don't want anything for them but don't want to throw them away, I know how much walnut costs! We made a 4 poster over a year ago and still have lots of pieces left around, but this need to be chopped up too small to be any good to me.

I'm based in mid suffolk, live in Stowmarket, work near Lavenham, so if anyone is close by they are welcome to collect them.

Mornin' hpl. If I was closer I would take them off your hands.

Also great photo's, a prime example of why not to leave the heart in the blank when processing wood from the log.

Will I am not into spinney things but do think I could get away with sawing it into small boards to make boxes from? I am sure it would make a few nice pairs of cuff links, or ear rings and pendants.
You are not that far from me, I could pick it up or could I tempt you to travel over to Sudbury on the 30 August? When I hope to have a Bash, number of us getting together for a try out of a few tools, compare notes on how we have done different things and generally chat about all and everything to do with woodwork and tools.
Oh and there should be a barbecue as well. 8)

Hi Dave,
I had noticed your post about the bash and wondered if I would ask for more details, but decided to wait until nearer the time and see what my family are doing. I tend to help my father on the farm at harvest time, but that isn't going to happen until it stops raining, and when it does stop it will be a mad rush on the farm. So... I'll have to wait and see but I would be interested if it works.

Oh, the boards would be small, although I have shown the worst end.

Johnny B

Latest posts

Back