eurekazone EZ 100 advice required UPDATE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickson71

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

This one is aimed at anybody that has any of the eurekazone kit

I'm sold on the idea of this and as recommended by ColinC ... so I will be buying one in the near future

I've also been looking at the optional extras........ such as the smart clamps, the square and the repeater setup. I was wondering if any of the users here had any of the accessories and if they rated them as a must get

I'll be using this to do most of my cutting as I like the idea of being able to hang on the wall and I've not got the space for a table saw (2.8x2.4m workshop/shed)

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

I have the square and the repeater but I will say that the square would make it a lot better to use for your smaller cuts.

As I am not sure what you will be doing I would say not to get the repeaters just yet but if you do, they come with the smart clamps on them :D .

I will be posting some of the jobs I have done with my EZ kit soon :)

My workshop is 18"x10" so I did not have much room for a saw ( did have a poor one which is now for sale ).

If you need any more help, let me know :)

I think you will be happy with it as I am very happy but I would look at getting the smart table kit to, makes cutting your boards much easier :)

I have no connection with EZ, just a happy customer

Colin C":3dli3foi said:
My workshop is 18"x10" so I did not have much room for a saw
I am not surprised you have no room in that small space Colin! :shock: I guess most of your machines are outside then. :lol:

Mailee

I do have a 12" bandsaw, 6' bench, Lathe and extractor plus a cupboard for my polish and one for some of my tools, so by the time you get that lot in I can just get an 8'x4' sheet in to cut it if the weather is bad. :roll: :wink:

I am think of building some storage next to it for timer as the shed I use for it is a bit full and needs sorting :roll: :)

For me the Ez system has been just what I needed but I need to finish my back door as it is getting in the way now :shock: :)

I've also been looking at the optional extras........ such as the smart clamps, the square and the repeater setup. I was wondering if any of the users here had any of the accessories and if they rated them as a must get

What accessories you may need/want will depend on what type of work you want to do.

For example, if you make cabinets regularly from 8 x 4 board, then the 'Cabinetmaker' would be extremely useful.
If you do a lot of dados or other repetitive router work then the SRK would be useful.

If you e-mail the company telling them what it is you want to do, they will recommend the best package.
Alternatively visit their forum and their users will be more than helpful.

Thanks all for the info

in terms of what I want to make ........ I've got a list of things from wall cabinates for the workshop, to an oak sideboard, maple/walnut DVD storage unit etc

the first job is to refront a cabinate in my Mum's bathroom in Pine ..so thats 1.8M height doors plus other panels

At the moment I think I'll go with the Square and get the other bits later if and when required ...... money permitting

thanks for the info

Ian

Sorry for dragging this thread up again ....... But I've got my eurekazone EZ100 plus extras (smart square and a small rail) and I've used for the first time today ( finished my after work session 10 minutes ago)

I set up the system and went to rip and crosscut some pine panels to size for some doors I'm making

I found the kit a pleasure to use, just measure, clamp on guide rail and cut. Splinter free on both sides of the cut and I could do this on the temporary bench (with spacers to stop the saw cutting the bench top).

This could well mean the end of the days of trying to postion the Triton compact table saw so I could cut longer bits of timber with out it catching or hitting anything......... easier said than done , often involving feeding wood through the saw and out the door.

Just to finish off I'd recommend this to anybody thats not got room for a proper table saw as I'm well happy with it :D :D

Thanks to all for their help

Ian

nickson71":skhoh3zo said:
Sorry for dragging this thread up again ....... But I've got my eurekazone EZ100 plus extras (smart square and a small rail) and I've used for the first time today ( finished my after work session 10 minutes ago)

I set up the system and went to rip and crosscut some pine panels to size for some doors I'm making

I found the kit a pleasure to use, just measure, clamp on guide rail and cut. Splinter free on both sides of the cut and I could do this on the temporary bench (with spacers to stop the saw cutting the bench top).

This could well mean the end of the days of trying to postion the Triton compact table saw so I could cut longer bits of timber with out it catching or hitting anything......... easier said than done , often involving feeding wood through the saw and out the door.

Just to finish off I'd recommend this to anybody thats not got room for a proper table saw as I'm well happy with it :D :D

Thanks to all for their help

Ian

I am glad it has worked out for you as well as it has for me :D

Glad you bought it up again because I was going to post a thread today anyway! Got bonus yesterday so...... :D

Similar questions really - is the square worth getting now you've got it? Also not sure if anyone has the upgrade to the smart clamps not sure whether to get these. Pics show really fine cuts at the moment I can't see myself using it to cut anything thinner than 100mm or so would the clips in the ckit do the job?

Also the base that comes with kit does it take the anti chip inserts and if so when you're getting chip free cuts are you using them?

Final question sorry for so many! I don't have a router table and so am thinking it the router base could be a good way to get an equivilant. I really haven't done much routing and find it hard to get my head round for some reason and so not really sure what I will and won't be able to do with this piece of kit.

Thanks.

Heard a lot about this saw guide, where do you get them from ? is it the states ? and what are the issues, if any, with importing it, fees etc

Jed

Hi Matt

I will try to answer your questions first :-k

You dont need the smart clamp because if the get a spare clamp you can do most things ( smart clamp come with the repeater arms, so if you do get them you can just add the arms later )

There are Two anti chip inserts, one of when it is on the rail ( it go's in the front of the base) and one for using the saw off the rail so that you get no break out.

You can use the SRK as a router table and you can see how here and lots more plus if you have a problem you can ask here

Hi jedmc571

I got mine from here

I hope this helps :)

Thanks it does help, I'm going to get router attachement and may just get a spare clamp.

There's too much choice of attachements though soon as I think yes I'll get that lot I think ooh but this one would be really useful.

Just bought it :D

In the end went for 100" kit, router kit and cabinet maker.

Decided for current planned projects the clamping which comes with it would be enough.

Matt

I'll think you'll be happy too ......... I've been using mine again this weekend installing a cabinet replacement front ... tarting up the old hot water tank hiding cabinet in my Mothers bathroom

The ability to trim a 16mm wide section of a 1.8m plank accurately in a bathroom was a god send

I'll ..... be upgrading sometime in the new year to the router set to as it'll make cutting dados etc a lot easier

Ian

Back