eumenia owners, help needed!! ** photos added**

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeppfly

Established Member
Reaction score
hi folks newbie here so be gentle.
recently whilst cleaning out an old friends shed i happened upon several components of what seem to be an eumenia radial arm saw. so far i have found the motor, without blade, some frame without stand or table, an extra arm, what seems to be a router plunger and a mitre fence. i would be forever in your debt if you could give me any info on assembly of this machine, hints on making a good table, blade type needed or where to get a manual. thanks in advance

If the arm and frame bits are about 600mm long then I will be interested in buying the lot off you. We can discuss later if you like.
Cheers
Danny

zeppfly":15iaa30n said:
hi folks newbie here so be gentle.
recently whilst cleaning out an old friends shed i happened upon several components of what seem to be an eumenia radial arm saw. so far i have found the motor, without blade, some frame without stand or table, an extra arm, what seems to be a router plunger and a mitre fence. i would be forever in your debt if you could give me any info on assembly of this machine, hints on making a good table, blade type needed or where to get a manual. thanks in advance
I have all the literature -- 22 page manual and six page full colour advertising material. Mine came from the late lamented Tyme Machines who sold it under their own name but the machine is branded Eumania -- only the manual cover says Tyme.

If your still stuck, let me know.

thanks rev, i probably should have updated this before now.
richard at nma tools came up with the goods in quick time and at no cost!!!
saw is now mounted on the wall and cutting fire wood with a new blade and a bent motor shaft :( :(
i havent had a chance to open it up yet to see its repairable
thanks again and welcome to the forum
graeme

It is almost impossible to straighten a shaft to perfection. One method to fix it is to measure all the relevant dimension of the shaft end and then build it up with a layer of weld metal and then machine is back to the original dimensions.

This is probably not a job that any professional workshop will accept at a sensible price but a friend might be willing to do for you.

If you start out with the premise that the thing is useless as it is, then you might consider the small risk of it still being useless at the end worth taking.

Good Luck

Bob

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
well had another look at the saw with a view to getting the shaft sorted, to my eternal embarrasment i had the plates that seat and clamp the blade the wrong way round, i had the rough cast clamping plate where the beautifully machined seating plate should be and vise versa :oops: :oops: :oops:
now cutting clean and true along its length :D
all i need now is a spare month to figure out its best use :?

zeppfly":1me3og6v said:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
well had another look at the saw with a view to getting the shaft sorted, to my eternal embarrasment i had the plates that seat and clamp the blade the wrong way round, i had the rough cast clamping plate where the beautifully machined seating plate should be and vise versa :oops: :oops: :oops:
now cutting clean and true along its length :D
all i need now is a spare month to figure out its best use :?

Ah! we can now remember this and tease you mercilessly each time you come back with a question :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, a good outcome and well done for fessing up to the problem.

Bob

my credibility is ruined, my wife is out checking the wheel nuts on the car and the kids have started a kind of quick step each time they pass the recently hung mirror in the hallway :lol: :lol:

Back