Eucalyptus - how do I use it for something nice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironballs":2qi6ckzq said:
It varies between trees, I think you have to prune walnuts in the summer as well

Arr, but you also 'as to beat 'em in the spring!

A woman, a dog and a walnut tree...... :mrgreen:

Hi Rob

That table is GORGEOUS! Wonderful! I think I will do some rustic seats out of it and just put danish oil or teak oil on the wood...mmm

I understand - this is from the RHS themselves...that you prune Eucalyptus in the Spring because it is subject to possible disease in cold or damp climates if the wound is exposed to these conditions.

In the Spring before the sap starts rising is the best time apparently and even the Summer as they do not suffer too much from bleeding.

Also you trim upper limbs not bottom limbs because this will cause the tree to fall apparently as the roots cannot support the top-heavy tree.

I have to admit that the limbs are becoming rather droopy and I would not like one of them to fall on anyone!

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim, all I did to it was flatten it off with a home made router skid then scrape it smooth, no glass paper on it at all, then kept pouring on some danish oil. Oh and i used a brass wire brush on the spikey edges to clean it up.
Learn something new each day, I really suspected someone was winding you up re- pruning time :lol:
atb Rob.

Back