Equipment tip of the day

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sickasapike

Established Member
Reaction score
Save time and mess when when your new pocket hole jig set arrives by cleverly turning it the correct side up before opening, you'll find all the screws, plugs and bits stay just where they are.

Ha ha, I feel your pain. I've kicked a fixing box full of screws over a few times and it's a time consuming job resorting them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Remember Rollykits? The storage boxes with scores of compartments that rolled up? I had thousands of small screws, tacks, veneer pins etc. stored in two of them. I went into the workshop one day to find a large pile of everything on the bench. A chap I worked with (who wasn't the brightest star in the firmament) came in and apologised. Sorry, he said, I just picked it up and it flew open. I said didn't you think to check it was closed? No, he said, I just picked it up like this ........... and did the same thing to the other one.
I lost the will to live. I picked out the brass stuff and threw the rest away. :(

phil.p":2dbj37k1 said:
Remember Rollykits? The storage boxes with scores of compartments that rolled up? I had thousands of small screws, tacks, veneer pins etc. stored in two of them. I went into the workshop one day to find a large pile of everything on the bench. A chap I worked with (who wasn't the brightest star in the firmament) came in and apologised. Sorry, he said, I just picked it up and it flew open. I said didn't you think to check it was closed? No, he said, I just picked it up like this ........... and did the same thing to the other one.
I lost the will to live. I picked out the brass stuff and threw the rest away. :(

priceless, had me chuckling

phil.p":16q5gwxy said:
...and did the same thing to the other one.:(

LOL. I’ve experienced the same. Years ago in a different life I was doing a stint as an electronic technical instructor in the Forces. In one practical lesson one of the trainees had his arm deep in a piece of kit when he came flying out clearly having taken a belt.

“What did you do there? asks I. Before I could stop him he showed me and once again came flying out clearly having taken a belt.

:oops: Approx. 20 yrs ago I stuck a circular saw blade in my knee, in the subsequent weeks my repaired knee would only bend so far until it seemed to hit a stop. One day, sitting on a camping chair in the back garden, the chair collapsed causing my knee to bend to a very painful angle. I hollered, SWMBO appeared asking what had happened..... I showed her... and did it again (homer)
Seemed to speed the recovery though.

monkeybiter":3tkz4if4 said:
(homer)
Seemed to speed the recovery though.
:) In one episode, that Homer found an old metal bin that acted as a chiropractor when you fell over it backwards - did you keep the chair ? - could worth a fortune !

I'm afraid that all of my socket sets, my pocket hole kit, my excellent old leather PO-style tool "kit", and sundry other similar boxes, all have "Turn Over!" and "Top" written on them in black permanent marker.

It's not old age, either: I did that to the PO kit way back in the 1980s to save embarrassing myself in front of colleagues.

Sigh.

E.

Back