Epson sx445w printere

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just got a new Epson printer and all works fine, but i turn it off with the button on the front of the machine and it sayes turning off, takes about 20 seconds, then all the lights go off.
Do i need to turn it off at the plug socket as well?

I have a Canon printer that takes a similar amount of time to shut off. Press the off button and it sounds as if the little imp inside runs around and nails all the doors and windows closed.
I cant see any reason for not turning it off at the socket apart from convenience.

Don't turn it off at the socket. Inkjet printers often need to run through a cleaning cycle when switching off, just unplugging it might cause problems with blocked jets in the future.

At least that's my understanding of these things FWIW

regards

Brian

Turning it off after it has "done its thing" on shut down is relly one of personal preference. Does it go through a lengthy procedure each time you turn it on from the mains (recalibrating the print heads for example)? If not then you might save a miniscule amount of electricity by swithcing off at the mains.

I have a Canon inkjet which is never switched off at the mains. When I want to print I press the "on" button, even though it is not "off" and this wakes it up and means that by the time I have sent a document to the printer it is usually ready to print it.

Mike.

Our system, iMac, printer, scanner, are feb via a surge protector. When the Mac has shut down I just switch the power off at the surge jobbie. That way everything is isolated in the case of storms and 2 switches switch everything on again. The printer is never physically switched on or off at the printer.

Ours is an HP Photosmart and if it is doing any of its houskeeping I just wait till it's finished to switch off.. Mind you, it almost threw all its toys out when I was fitting the CISS ink system and while powered on, opened the lid and pulled the plug. It complained when I plugged it in again. It had to be powered off while I was fitting the new 'cartdidges' and ink tubing. No more ripp off cartridges from now on 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back