epoxy and dust - reliable repair?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dissolve

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

For small mishaps on my personal more "diy" projects where I'm happy to use a little filler when required I've used epoxy and some similar coloured wood dust to fill the gap, but I've never ha as good success on light woods.

What are peoples favorite methods/materials to cover up their mistakes/slip ups?

DISCLAIMER: I know the true answer is to analyse the mistake, do it again and improve your skills! Haha but I am interested in how people can perfect almost invisible repairs/fills.

i have used pva spread on workpiece and sanded it while wet
turns to stodge but fills great

just dont use a ROS with holes it makes a right mess

Steve

Far more expensive than PVA but Lecol is designed to use with dust from your project - suggested at least to be from 120 grit sanding.

tool-me-up":3w1ra7t7 said:
PVA and sawdust from the same piece is generally as close as you will get

With PVA, it may depend a lot on the kind of wood you are working with. You may be in for some nasty surprises with some tropical woods (I did... :( ), as the glue may react with the oils in the wood. If you want to be sure of getting an "almost invisible repair", I advise you to make a test before commiting yourself.

Latest posts

Back