Enamel paints

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Awake and resist!
Reaction score
Looking for bright coloured enamel paints for a furniture project. Bright colours, vermilion, prussian blue, chrome yellow etc. Anybody recommend a variety of enamel and where to buy on line?
Or suggested bright colour/gloss alternatives to 'enamel' as such.

Looking for bright coloured enamel paints for a furniture project. Bright colours, vermilion, prussian blue, chrome yellow etc. Anybody recommend a variety of enamel and where to buy on line?
Or suggested bright colour/gloss alternatives to 'enamel' as such.
What about Humbrol Enamels?

Colin

Claytonsautostore in Craigavon is where I got my Claas green paint,
quick service and they seem to do a big range of stuff.
They're on ebay, but you could probably email them.

Beware of CRI if needing an accurate colour.
Don't know if my green paint is particularly the worst offender, but looks horrible now that I've changed bulbs to the bright florescent ones rather than the warmer slightly yellower old ones.
Now I realise why I was thinking they all were very differing shades.

Had a look for a picture or two to compare, but must have deleted all those, and the worklamp adds the warmth again in most of my pictures,
not as much the case i real life.
Must go shopping for more bulbs, don't want to be a fussy at the electrical shop, so will go to homebase or somewhere.

For small projects the humbrol enamel remains to be an excellent choice in terms of quality and value for money I have found. Seems to stick well to almost any surface as well, I used it to "update" a stained glass panel in a door for a family member and 5 years later it still looks perfect though it is no longer exposed to the elements.

Tractol is good on metal.
Their white sprays really well and gives a good result direct to metal.
I found that if you are finishing in some light colours (my experience was with a yellow) a white primer may be needed underneath to keep them bright.

Back