Embarised in B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newt

Established Member
Reaction score
I was in B&Q yesterday and spotted some Oak effect furniture. There was a chest and the draws had dovetails but with the face of the tails on the front, a bit like if the draw side was on the front. I decided to look closer and inspect the draw, I pulled open the draw and the front came of in my hand, the draw dropping on the floor right next to another customer. I got the impression from her expression that I was a vandal. Anyway back to the draw, there were alas no dovetails just one dowel, the dovetails were just decoration, would someone really buy this stuff. By the way B&Q now stock the massive Triton router it is really big and heavey there was no price shown.

bigger than the TR001? must be a monster!

Sorry newt, don't take this personally, but why are we now calling drawers - draws ?. Are we getting too much Norm ?.
Back to the furnature - seems people are just out for something cheap these days that'll do a couple o years, and no, I would'nt buy it.

Cheers,

Stephen

judder":lagumcge said:
Sorry newt, don't take this personally, but why are we now calling drawers - draws ?. Are we getting too much Norm ?.
Back to the furnature - seems people are just out for something cheap these days that'll do a couple o years, and no, I would'nt buy it.

Cheers,

Stephen
Pulling down a another customer's draws? No wonder she thought Newt was a vandal... :lol:

LOL, I bet it was one of those horrible plastic dowels as well! No glue, of course. :D

It's always good to hear of the mishaps at B&Q among other places - but why does never happen to the DIY idiots who deserve the embarassment?

Back