Elu MOF96

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agrew with you there Steve. Back when I bought my trusty MOF96E which I think would have been around the same time as yours I paid the grand sum of £150 for it, but that was without a fancy case just the fence guide and the collett spanner. As you know yourself all I have had to do to it is replace the brushes and the bearing set. Not bad in over 15 years of service. I have no doubt that the 'new' Elu will not last as long. :wink:

thanks for all the advice guys...

I ended up getting a bargain Triton from B&Q. Think i still may get the \Elu as well though.

thanks alot!

soulboy":w1d4qfep said:
but am I still missing a length of M5(?) threaded rod to attach the adjuster shaft to the castle?

Either buy a length of threaded rod (B&Q usually stock some) or get a long machine screw and cut the head off.

Cheers :ho2

Paul

PS You'll also need a nut to lock the threaded rod down onto the turret.

Paul Chapman":ioae1b82 said:
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum. I've had an Elu MOF96 for years. I bought it some time in the 1970s and it's still going strong - all I've ever had to do is change the carbon brushes.

Router1.jpg

It was one of the best routers ever made. However, if you are going to buy a very old, second-hand one as Alan says, make sure it's OK before you part with your money. £70 seems rather a lot for a router that is very old - I might be inclined to put that towards a new one.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I've had mine since the 70's too Paul but I don't polish it every Sunday. Yours looks immaculate.

Modernist":1lu8z9qg said:
I've had mine since the 70's too Paul but I don't polish it every Sunday. Yours looks immaculate.

I don't do much to it, honest. Just flick the sawdust off, vacuum out the vents and a drop of oil occasionally on the plunge columns, and that's about it.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

soulboy":1v49u0jz said:
but am I still missing a length of M5(?) threaded rod to attach the adjuster shaft to the castle? also what is the short sleeve with a flat on one side for?
TIA chris

The adjuster screws on to the adjustable threaded depth stops on the turret.
Are you saying these are missing from your router?

I don't know what the short sleeve is for. I have an early 96E (inherited from my father) and a similar adjuster, but no sleeve.

Is it possibly an adaptor to fit the larger size routers?

Yeah, turret was the word I was looking for! doh
thanks Paul & Kevin for your replies, sounds like a good excuse to buy some sexy S/S M5 threaded rod, my Elu deserves it!
best wishes, chris

Buying a new router is still a mission to decide whats best. I sort of decided it was: festool, trend, dewalt, triton, the rest.

So choose your size/power/type, and then the price you want to pay, then work down the list.

If that doesnt open a can of worms, nothing will!!

Like Mailee I too got one brand new in the box ( unopened) from the bay, about 3 years ago. Italian too. An excelent tool in every way.

Back