Elektra Beckham PK 200. anyone got one?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whoops!

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought a pk200 site saw, Looks like a good bit of kit, and generally is. The sliding table and width extensions are well put together and I was chuffed for getting it off ebay for a good price. The seller stated that there was a problem with the rise and fall mechanism, so being the clever chap that I am, I ordered the spare parts even before picking it up. The seller told me accuratly what the problem was and the parts I needed.

The mechanism that controls the rise and fall of the blade is a long rod that travels from the front of the table saw, (where the adjustments are made by turning a small hand wheel,) to the rear of the machine where it meshes with a vertical rod via two cogs. Its rubbish!!!

There is bags of play in the vertical rod which ensures that on turning the long horizontal adjustment rod the two cogs mesh badly and barely seat at all.

The lads on site have spent more time faffing with the bloody thing than I can afford them too !! Really NOT impressed. :evil: :evil:

Has anyone else out there got one , and if so have they had any similar problems.

Knew I should have bought the Scheppach TS2010.If anyone has a good quality table saw that they want to sell please PM me.

Decklan

yes i've got one- aboput 6 years old and haven't had any problems with the adjustments. I have had an occasional falter of the motor - its not the brushes (fitted new) so asusme it is the speed control, but it only happens very occasionally. I will have a look at the play in the machanism at the weekend.

Dave

Hi, I agree that they are fairly crappy. The first one I had had a problem with the rise and fall mech. but it was still covered by the warranty and completely replaced by EB. I still have and use the replacement (about 8 years on.) I'm pretty thorough about giving it a blast out with a compressor every now and again though as I always thought it was down to the dust build up. That said it's served pretty well over the years, perhaps there's just quite a few Friday afternoon specials out there?

Back