electric router shopping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder553

Reaction score
i am looking at some electric routers the full size ones with 1/2" collet what brands do you use and have used in the pass

name the ones which you had problems with if any

i am looking at the dewalt range but not sure
many thanks

If you want quality go for one of the top brand names, De Walt, Makita, Trend, Hitachi, or if your feeling really flush.....Festool. All of these will give you years of good service.

There have been previous comments - have a look at jcb-tools-t47362.html and jcb-router-t21541.html

Although you think about tough earth moving machinery when you see JCB, in this case it appears to be marketing based on a well known brand. If it was me I'd steer clear, but it depends on how much you intend to use it - if occasionally then it's probable OK but if it is likely to get a lot of use then go for one of the better brands.

Misterfish

I had an Hitachi TR12, basic with a restricted diameter for large bits. I use an Elu177e. A Trend T11 and a DW625e. The last 3 are all similar, the Elu is best, but unavailable. The DW is good.

Back