Elecktra Beckum PK255 precision table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amrik

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to this site but not to woodworking. I'm about to buy an Elecktra Beckum PK255 table saw. I wanted to know if any people out there have any experience of using one and if they could let me know what the build quality and precision is like.

Cheers

Amrik

Hi Amrik, welcome to this wonderful forum :)

I can't comment on the saw, sorry. But ElectraBeckum have been rebadged Metabo. I've got one of their planers (hc260c) which is a good bit of kit for the money. Fairly sturdy (for what it is) and reliable. Takes a lot of punishing at times from us. They normally come with a 3 year warranty which is always worth having.

I'm sure someone will come along and say more in a while.

regards
Woody

Hi Amrik,
A few of us have the older PK200, read this thread,
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... ht=#196047

Mine is in for repair, speed controller has given up the ghost, a very common problem with this machine. Problem is Electra/Metabo wont sell you or their service agents one ,you have to buy a complete new motor. Ive left it in to be repaired so i can take it on site, but i could almost buy a new site saw for the price of a new motor.
I havnt used mine for a good while as i have an SIP 10" cast iron saw which i wouldnt be without. If you are anything like me or others, you will long for cast iron :D
HTH
Gary.

Hi Amric, welcome to the forum

Are you talking about this baby :D
001.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

There is no more Elektra Beckum. As from a few months ago everything changed to Metabo but the EB products are the same just under the Metabo name.

I have the PK 255 for almost 2 years without any problems. I aligned it when I received it (very minor alignment) and did not have to touch anything since then.

The table itself does not have the normal miter slots but only one narrow slot left of the blade.

The miter gauge it not tight in the slot, it can be adjusted but if you get also the sliding table, you shall not need it (I don't use it at all).

The motor (2.5Kw input) is very quiet (I can even talk to my wife while the motor is running) and powerful enough to cut the 30mm thick Oak very easy.

If you will look at my threads, all the jigs for the tables saw are made for the PK 255
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 298#241298

Back