Edge banding Mfc carcasses

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleythecat

Established Member
Reaction score
A quicky.

I'm building an inframe kitchen with mfc carcasses. I'm just about to order the sheet material. Which edges should be banded? Is it just the front edge of the cabinets or do others need it too?

Many thanks

Leo

I presume you're intending to order a pre-cut list of parts. If so, get it all edge banded. It saves loads of stress if things need changing/altering. If you're doing it yourself then buy twice as much as you think you'll need - you're bound to ruin some. Also, iron on is much easier than the stuff you glue on with contact cement (of course, you may own an edge bander in which case it's no problem)

I just get the edges that show edged but then I usually get the thick pvc edging with a round over so it's not cheap. I give my supplier a cutting list and pick it up usually a week later. Then I just have to domino everything ready for fitting.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

plastic edging is easy with contact adhesive if u do it urself.

if its chip board rub the edges with a sanding block to prevent bumps in the edging.

i use my block plane blade to trim the edges. if you want hit the corner lightly with a sanding block to remove a sharp edge.

Zeddedhed":1kpby1er said:
I presume you're intending to order a pre-cut list of parts. If so, get it all edge banded. It saves loads of stress if things need changing/altering. If you're doing it yourself then buy twice as much as you think you'll need - you're bound to ruin some. Also, iron on is much easier than the stuff you glue on with contact cement (of course, you may own an edge bander in which case it's no problem)

+1

Back