Eberspächer AIRTRONIC Air Heater for heating workshop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanajb

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Whilst investigating a camper conversion I came across the above heaters. Just wondering whether anyone on the forum is running a diesel heater in their workshop.

If my understanding is correct, they don't require a certified installer like a gas appliance and are cheaper to operate than electric.

Not in my workshop but we do use them at work in welfare units, anything up to 32' x 10'. For longevity you really need a generator that is about 30% higher rated than the peak load of the items you are running from it - too little load or too much load will shorten the lifespan. If you need a generator let me know, I deal with them all day, every day.

MMUK":3ce8k07s said:
For longevity you really need a generator that is about 30% higher rated than the peak load of the items you are running from it
Slightly confused. Generator?

flanajb":z5xm9445 said:
MMUK":z5xm9445 said:
For longevity you really need a generator that is about 30% higher rated than the peak load of the items you are running from it

Ignore me, it's been a long day :( It was the mention of diesel that did it :oops:

MMUK":2oh6bowz said:
flanajb":2oh6bowz said:
MMUK":2oh6bowz said:

Ignore me, it's been a long day :( It was the mention of diesel that did it :oops:

haha. No worries, I know that feeling.

I have been looking at the idea myself,they are not cheap at around £600 ish. at lowest setting of 1kw output they reckon 1 litre of diesel will last around 10 hours ,of course the red diesel is cheaper still. You can install yourself with a little practical knowledge and some common sense ( i will deny saying that if you burn your shop to the ground lol ),

MARK.B.":1umn333s said:
I have been looking at the idea myself,they are not cheap at around £600 ish. at lowest setting of 1kw output they reckon 1 litre of diesel will last around 10 hours ,of course the red diesel is cheaper still. You can install yourself with a little practical knowledge and some common sense ( i will deny saying that if you burn your shop to the ground lol ),

Haha! Even if you delete your post now it will remain :twisted:

Hi,

i use a webasto diesel heater to heat my boat in the winter. The unit is not the same , but similar, works off red diesel , small compact etc, very efficient. Mine runs 3 rads & heats hot water via calorifier. Webasto runs at 0.5 to 1 ltr of diesel an hr approx. 10 hrs out of 1 litre if true is amazing.
They don't like to be run nonstop , tends to clog them up with soot. I only run mine for an hr in the coldest months then allow unit to cool down so it as to work hard again. I prefer my multi fuel stove, no waste wood & a nice glow :)

cheers, john

Latest posts

Back