easier to read ruler

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
I stumbled across a way of improving my marking up yesterday.

I guess like most people I use a retractable tape measure & 1ft steel rule for measuring up.

Getting a decrepit old sod and my eyesight not as good as it was, the steel rule marks need a close double look/check.

Last week I was mucking around with chisel sharpening and could not find a protractor. On Saturday I went into Wilkinsons to get one. Got a plastic set at 99p. It contains protractor 2 set squares (one, a useful 30 deg) & a 1ft clear plastic rule, which I chucked to one side.

Anyway, I was marking up a job yesterday & used the plastic rule instead of my usual steel one. Marks are much clearer to see at arms length (seem just as accurate) plus you can read a line though the ruler material. The contrast of the clear material is a big plus -guess it will end up scratched or broke but cheap as chips to replace.

actually you can also buy something similar, albiet maybe a little more expensive in wh smiths.

the triangles are often more accurate than some of those sold by manufacturers of so called proper try squares :?

some of niki's posts involve using plastic squares for his jigs, worth checking out.

paul :wink:

Back