Ear defenders - Lidl offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafezetter

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
I know there's some debate on ear defenders with built in music ability, but I saw these will be on offer from tommorrow and thought for those that use (or considered using) ones with built in radio etc, these might be nice as you can also plug in an MP3 player.

One advantage to ones that have music (apart from the possible distraction issues) is that they present varied sound wavelengths, which has a lower degree of producing damage than one single tone; the reason being that far as I'm aware sounds are picked up by tiny filaments inside the ear that are tuned to different frequencies, thus long sustained high DB noise of one particular frequency damages mainly that particular filament set, so varied noise frequencies overlaid (whats inside the cup compared to outside) will reduce that damage probability.

so if you are doing boring not particularly dangerous stuff - you might want to look at these :)

edit - oops :) here linky http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-D...ffers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=3241&ar=3

Me and my workmate have just popped down and bought a pair each. FM tuning is better than my previous expensive pair and they also have aux socket and cable for an ipod which works a treat, much better than having earphones inside the earmuffs which has been my daily routine for years!

They also have a mic which you turn on to speak to colleages, cancels out the machine noise and amplifies somebody talking.

these are fab, thanks for posting about the offer

nathan

Back