DW712 - Dewalt mitre saw - can I resharpen a 80T blade ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_H

Established Member
Reaction score
I've lost the manual for my DW712. I've tried on the DW webiste with no joy, and a Google search has been as equally fruitless. Does anyone have an electronic version (PDF etc) they could email? I have to change the blade - I last did this sometime ago and seem to remember it was an absolute nightmare!!

Cancel - I've just found one on the Dewalt website after all - hidden away and through a not very user-friendly process.

Although it hasn't helped in the slightest on how I change the blade!!! I must be missing something! :oops: :oops:

Sorry,if this is of little or no help,but are you pressing the spindle lock down,while trying to loosen the blade.If the blade hasn't been changed for some time it will be hard to release.

If you can wait till Wednesday when I get home I can have a look at mine and remind myself how it goes. I haven't changed the blade in mine in ages

Rob, there are two torx type screws on the blade guard, the front one only accesable by lifting the plastic part of the guard out of the way. slacken the rear one slightly, the front one more so so that it comes out enough to allow the stop onthe metal part past the screw. this allows the blade guard to lift slightly giving access to the bolt holding the blade on. I find it easier to screw the front screw back in to lock the guard in the high position, then just use the spindle lock and supplied spanner as usual.
The spanner for the bolt SHOULD have the torx bit on the other end so you just need one tool. mine had a hexagon end so I had to get a key to fit.
Hope this helps

Right done it - not that difficult after all - I was just being a numpty. The blade is a 216mm 80T Dewalt blade. Does anyone know if that can be resharpened? Or am I better buying new?

Dragon do mine now, tried various others but non have bettered the service from them. not the cheapest but not the dearest either, fast turnround and as good as new 8)

Back