Dw 745 table saw set up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grifta75

Reaction score
Hi folks, does anyone have any idea of how to set up the dw 745 table square to the blade?
Ive adjusted my fence to run parallel to the blade but as the table is off of square, my mitre guide doesn't run square. I know I can adjust the mitre guide to be square to the blade but I'd rather try to have it set up right.
Thanks in advance

Grift.

You could adjust the mitre guide to the blade, as you say, but if you think about it, the guide, running along a non-parallel channel, still wanders off square.
For accuracy the blade, fence and mitre channel must all be parallel to one another.

So it isn't that you'd 'rather' do that; you 'have' to! :wink:

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers

I had some issues with my DW745 getting this set up - from memory theres a couple of screws/bolts on the underside at the back of the table, which you undo and in theory this lets you move the blade carriage unit (not really sure what that's called) such that it's inline with the mitre slot.

I found though that I couldn't get the unit to move unless I unlocked the bevel angle lever also, which I don't recall being mentioned in the manual - it's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong though.

It was quite difficult to make the minor adjustments necessary with the bevel unlocked though - I wonder (and I'm theorising and could be completely wrong) if it might be better to get the fence parallel with the mitre slots first, and then line the blade up with the fence by putting them against each other and locking the blade carriage back down?

Regards

Noel

Thanks guys, sorry for the delay in replying, I'm just back from holiday.
I'll be down atvthe workshop today and I'll give your thoughts a try and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Everything must be reference off the blade, as that is the bit that matters. So either the table will be bolted to the frame, or the trunnion assembly will be hung from the table. either way you have to rotate one relative to the other until the mitre slot is parallel. You can test that with a feeler gauge.
Then yo can set up your rip fence.
It's a bit of a pain, but you only have to do it once.
S

Back