Dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard J

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any advice on a dust extractor/ fresh air blower for Use with a wood lathe(sanding process more than lathing maybe)
I am thinking more of the 12-16 inch inline fan idea, blowing clean air down onto where I am working, drawing it's air from outside my workshop, but others may have better ideas.

I would pull the air from inside the shop and blow it out. Capture at the source. I put a couple 16 inch fans from a ceiling mounted gas furnace from work in the wall behind his lathe and they drew out all the dust along with a lot of chips too. Clever old guy put a refrigerator door on the outside to seal them up and protect them from the weather. Only problem was it was too cold to turn in the winter. What you propose will only serve to blow the dust everywhere in the shop, making breathing worse because the dust isn't settling, it's being kept in suspension.

Pete

Cheers Pete
Which of the affordable extractors are worth looking at? And will they really shift shavings from a lathe?

Back