Dust Extractor for Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadiy

Established Member
Reaction score
Im looking at buying a dust extractor for my 12" bandsaw as Im fed up with sweeping up saw dust.

Im looking at either the Record RSDE1 or RSDE2-A - Id prefer the later but my question is will either of these maching work OK if they are mounted on the wall above the bandsaw - about 6-7ft up. The work shop has a very high ceiling but not a lot of floor space.

Or does anyone have any other recommendation for a simular sized extractor - unfortunatly the CX3000 style is too big a machine for my shop.

I've got an RSDE2_A which I use with my bandsaw. It's connected with a six meter 100mm hose, which I sometimes hang from the rafters, so it does work fine 'pulling' sawdust above 6'.

I've briefly considered wall mounting because trailing the extractor around limited floor space is a PITA, but then dragging the full drum off a 6' shelf could be awkward too. :?

I had that RSDE2-A before Monkey biter and like he says the only downside is movement as it easily tips over so wall hanging would be best. Its not at all short on power but it is loud.

I'm also a long time RSDE2 user and it excels on my bandsaw. If it weren't for the noise, I would have this type of extraction throughout.

I have an R2D2 as well. Built a little wheeled trolley from scraps the other day which helps a lot. It has handled everything I have thrown at it so far...
Don't even find mine that loud to be honest.

Si.

Sounds great - thanks for the positive feedback.

Now for the best price search.

dadiy":3t0gslv8 said:
Or does anyone have any other recommendation for a simular sized extractor - unfortunatly the CX3000 style is too big a machine for my shop.

Depend on what kit you've got or intend to get, the dual motor DX4000 or DX5000 might be more future proof - more suck if you want to use it with a small planer-thicknesser.

Latest posts

Back