Dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_belgium

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to add a auto start socket to my dust extraction system. I am looking for an online source to by this socket? Found one at axminster but was too pricey.

(by auto start I mean a socket wich is also plugged into the dust extraction, so when I use a handheld power tool in this socket, the extraction automatically starts when I start the power tool.)

Regards, Christof.

They're all really expensive I think. Better off getting some cheap remote plug sockets, that what I an lots of others use.

Hello, I bought a small shop vac from b and q, it does what you require. I plug the tool into the vac and when the toolis switched on the vac starts automatically . When the tool is turned off the vac turns itself off minutes later. had it several years cost about £30 then and has worked tirelessly ever since.

GT

Gordon T":2ekdomhb said:
Hello, I bought a small shop vac from b and q, it does what you require. I plug the tool into the vac and when the toolis switched on the vac starts automatically . When the tool is turned off the vac turns itself off minutes later. had it several years cost about £30 then and has worked tirelessly ever since.

GT

I also have one of those cheapo vacs, if I can't find a plug for a reasonable price, I'll just remove the one from the vacuum and use that one, but would prefer to avoid this, since i wan't to keep using this vacuum for jobs out of my workshop.

Back