Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbyndave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

As I have only been into woodworking on a hobby-ist scale for a couple of years now I have just upgraded my dust extractor. I had previousley been the proud owner of a festool ctl midi but found it a pain that i could not buy a re-usable bag for it thus I ventured to my local dealer as i have been recommended a fein dust extractor but my dealer then happened to show me the NEW extractor from festool - the CTL26 as a re-usable bag is available for this machine. As a festool junkie I could not resist! so, yes, I have bought it home with me.

After trying it out, it was so much better that than the midi but was wondering if anybody else had tried it out.

As I am definately no expert, I was wondering if i has made the right choice or is there a better choice??

Dave

dave. i have the same machine to be honest i find it a pain to use. the ribs on the hose always seem to catch things? good machine just got a few flaws. by the way welcome to the forum :D

clewlowm":20vbhqxz said:
dave. i have the same machine to be honest i find it a pain to use. the ribs on the hose always seem to catch things? good machine just got a few flaws. by the way welcome to the forum :D

A Festool with flaws - there is a God after all!

Next we'll hear that LN planes are all blunt and Bessey clamps don't tighten up and my life will be complete.

Cheers
Mike

I think i`d have bought a dust deputy instead, no bags to empty, would have worked off your old vac, will hold considerably more waste than 26l & would have cost £350 less :shock:

Thanks Doug!

I have just been looking on the web regarding the dust deputy & it sounds great. Only problem is that i can't seem to find a uk supplier. I would love to know if there are any members who have (or has had) the dust deputy and how well it works? also does anybody know of a uk supplier or a variant?

Thanks again Doug, This site has proved a great help!

Hi BD
I bought mine from the Alexandra Palace show 2 years ago, so there is definitely a UK distributer.
I`ll try & dig out my receipt, & post the company name.

As for what it`s like, i wouldn`t be without it. It does exactly what it claims to do, in all the time i`ve had it i`ve cleaned the filter on my vac 3 times & it certainly gets a lot of use.

Hi,

Oneida uk distribute the dust deputy over here. If you want to try a cheapy alternative I built a cyclone out of a road cone and some 6" pipe. Heres a pic of it just in case you're interested. I find the separation to be around 95% efficient and I'm very pleased with it.

Close-upofcyclone.jpg

regards

michael

Back