Dust Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks,

I have been busy with the camera today (and finally with the help of the mods worked out how to post). I thought I would post a couple of pics of what I have just finished to sort out my turning dust extract . I have also made a shop air filter that I will post on the general thread.

I have set a deep shelf from the wall and drilled a hole to let the dust extract through. I epoxyed the d/x pipe in place flush with the shelf and use an APTC bendy hose while turning. When I am finished, I simply pull the bendy hose out and brush all the shavings down the d/x. So far it seems to work well.

250419116_a6ac969491.jpg

Neat job Simon :)
I've been thinking of investing in one of the ATPC bendy hoses, does it work well?
you said you can pull the hose out & sweep the shavings down the hole; I suppose this way you will always be able to find your Pencil, Callipers, Wax stick, Chuck key, etc. etc. They will all be down the hole & into the extractor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, it's a really neat job & I'm probably going to copy you :D

Twister

Golly Moses! That is OTT to me. I like the idea though. I have tried a large hood type of collector from Charnwood but it doesn't really work. Now I have the extended flexible ducting with a reducer and just suspend that from above. It seems to work. Maybe I need to get an all-singing-all-dancing face mask. Battery powered.

cheers docusk

It works really well during sanding. I must admit that I don't use it when I am doing the turning as 1) it is only a 63mm system and I suspect it would clog, 2) the extractor is in the workshop so it noisy and 3) 99% of the fine stuff is generated during the sanding rather than the turning anyway.

PS - APTC? :shock: - Axminster Power Tools Centre :D :D

Back