dust extraction planning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selly

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to get in a proper extraction system. The way I see it it is only the P/T that really really needs the chip extractor - nearly everything else can be sucked away by a wet and dry vac - ie router, table saw, RAS, sander, morticer etc.

I'm thinking of getting this http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-63 ... prod21901/ asit is a fair bit cheaper than the 100mm setup. And maybe just physically bringing the extractor to the p/t each time there is work on.

What you reckon or should I go for the bigger 100mm set?

I had considered the 63mm gear but I found that there were more fittings available for the 100mm size and that size hose will also fit neatly onto my Camvac 386, so I've decided to go with the latter - Rob

I have the Axminster 63mm setup and have "designed" the system so that the P/T is close to the extracter with a quick change hose connecter to swap over when required. My only problem with this system is that some of the blast gates will not close fully owing to the build up of sawdust. Arrange them so that they hang down and you will have less of a problem. There was a thread on here sometime ago with a solution involving cutting off the back of the gate and re-sealing with duct tape which could be removed to unblock the gate grooves.

Brian

Hmm tis even cheaper at rutlands at the moment too!....

I brought two of these 63mm kits plus extra 90deg elbows aswell as a steal 100mm system. I found the 100 down to 63 provoked a useless drop in suck so I have the two systems hooked to two different extractors.

I do also have a 63mm kit the same the link still unopened. I use the 63mm kit for the SCMS, piller drill and hand tools (I may also connect it to moriser as that is connected to the 100mm system but the hose is reduced to 63mm due to the fitting). Everything else is connected to the 100mm system which I do prefer.

If you go down the 100mm route these are good. http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-qu ... ose%20clip

I have this on a few accessories for the 100mm. It very useful as I have my P/T next to the mortiser so instead of running £50 worth of pipe I just use this clip to interchange the pipe between to two!

brianhr":3b35lhmb said:
Arrange them so that they hang down and you will have less of a problem.

Brian
Just to clarify Brian, the gate needs to be vertical (so the trunking is horizontal) rather than having a horizontal gate in a vertical piece of trunking?..if you follow the gist - Rob

Back