dust extraction - on budget

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramers

Established Member
Reaction score
hello all, i have just brought my 804 as you all know and am now worried about being knee deep in saw dust this time next week, so i have been talking to teachers at college all day.

they recommend starting the suction with the biggist possible then get smaller and then smaller, so i have been looking around at systems and i think i have found a good system so here it is.

a record 43L extractor 4" (£120 screwfix jobie) then the axminster £60 63mm kit then a sweep up point and power tool outlets.

what do you think? any better ideas?

I'm in the same kind of situation as you; I need something that'll connect to a 100mm outlet (planer thicknesser!) and to find something that'll do a good job for the lowest price around.

The Record jobbie (Screwfix) that you mention of is the best deal I appear to have found also. I'm sure you can buy reducers for this also, but would it be easier to have a second, smaller diameter machine also, like the Axminster?

I only wonder, given the 'vacum-size' of the Record model, how often I would be needing to empty it on a busy day - would it therefore be better to get a larger, floor-standing extractor AND a smaller vacum for general cleanup? Money's not that different either...

Descisons, descison, eh! :?

i have just wrote a massive reaply and went to put an emoticon on but then it all disapeared so the short version is, i will just get the record and the attachment screwfix do and see how i get on, will let you know.

thanks

i have just brought my record extractor from screwfix and the accsesorisse for it, it will come wed, same day as my saw (804) so i wont be sleeping much tuesday night and you won't be able to wake me thurday morning.

will put review on my website.

Back