Dust extraction - Numatic screw thread to 63mm pipe?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandyAndy

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning folks - anyone know of a clever adaptor to connect a Numatic flexi hose to 63mm pipe? Kind of like this:-
http://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-redu ... 100mm-51mm

...but 63mm instead of 100mm. I know I could use one of these http://www.axminster.co.uk/100mm-to-63m ... action-kit but I don't really want the pointless jump from 63mm to 100mm and back to 63mm. I'd rather not use 100mm pipe as it will be too cumbersome and the space doesn't really justify it.

Finally getting around to fitting some dust extraction in my little workshop and this is the one bit I'm struggling with!

Ta muchly!

Andy

The best adapter I have come across is gaffer tape :D . You can wrap it around the end of a smaller pipe until it acts like a bung in a bigger pipe.

Make your own?
DSCN4640-1024.jpg
DSCN4641-1024.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN4640-1024.jpg
    DSCN4640-1024.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN4641-1024.jpg
    DSCN4641-1024.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 72
You've made a wooden *threaded* connector??! If so I'm very impressed, and no - that won't be happening. :D That's brilliant though - even if it isn't threaded!

Gaffer / heat shrink is a bit of a last resort - you see I like the threaded Numatic connector since a) it's easily removed when not in use b) the pipe is nice and flexible for portable tools and c) I've already bought one. :)

A mate of mine has a 3D printer - vaguely debating that route, although not sure how robust it would be since the 'grain' of the print would pretty much follow the most likely stress points. Hmm...

You don't even need to thread the adaptors, slight taper on inner or outer (dependent upon function) is all that's needed, push fit and suction holds them in place on equipment.
That larger one is a male adaptor, fits into 100mm Chop Saw housing, 12" Disc sander and Thicknesser for small jobs, even quicker to disconnect than a threaded item.

CHJ":2regf9zu said:
You don't even need to thread the adaptors, slight taper on inner or outer (dependent upon function) is all that's needed, push fit and suction holds them in place on equipment.
That larger one is a male adaptor, fits into 100mm Chop Saw housing, 12" Disc sander and Thicknesser for small jobs, even quicker to disconnect than a threaded item.

Your woodworking skills are in a different league to mine - making something round out of wood perplexes me. :D But yes, valid point on a thing with a taper probably working to take the thread - might be able to do some minor pipe modifications to make that work - cheers!

Back