Dust Extraction Kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CornishWoodworker

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I would reduce amount of debris having to be swept up after working.
Looking at 63mm system(small workshop), I came across complete pipework , joints and blast gates to begin a basic system from Rutland's. At £69.99 less a bank holiday discount of 15% Inc free next day delivery. This is someway cheaper than most other suppliers of same kit(£115).
As I install system and come up with innovative ! Ways of final connection at minimal cost, I shall post online.

The kit does not include final Flexi type hoses or cuffs etc.

Dust extraction really is the bane of my life. My workshop is currently unfinished, and I have stuff all over the place. But trying to find adaptors for all of my hand powertools is an absolute nightmare! GRRR

How did I know that would be your response GeordieStew, :wink: If you want a cheap solution use duct tape, but don't blame me when it keeps falling off when you try to move the tool, at least with the flexible solution I posted above you can use a worm screw clip to hold them in place.

Mike

MikeJhn":10mxcd23 said:
How did I know that would be your response GeordieStew, :wink: If you want a cheap solution use duct tape, but don't blame me when it keeps falling off when you try to move the tool, at least with the flexible solution I posted above you can use a worm screw clip to hold them in place.

Mike

It's still a bodge, regardless. Cutting universal fittings (which ARE expensive) just doesn't seem right.

Most hoses (which are also stupidly expensive) are a standard size. Why can't tool manufacturers standardise on a port size or supply/offer suitable adaptors for their kit? I'd pay Mafell £20 and Bosch another £20...rather than have any faff!

Oh come on, manufacturers just want you to buy their hoses and adaptors, not a competitors, so they make theirs different enough that you can't get a universal fitting, its a bit like asking Bill Gates to allow Pages and Numbers to work on Windows.

Mike

Yeah, but if I could buy a P1CC to 32mm hose adaptor from Mafell, I'd buy it...regardless of cost.

If I could buy a Bosch Plunge Saw to 32mm hose adaptor from Bosch, I'd buy it...regardless of cost.

Instead, I'll go butcher a butcherable item from Axminster. Can't make much sense to Mafell and Bosch. And doubt I'm alone.

For equipment cuffs, I have purchased a couple of Silicone Car Hose adaptors.
Sizes seem ok.
Will post when they arrive
Lots of different sizes available Inc straight connectors

Flexi hose still seems expensive

GeordieStew":kanf7qsp said:
Yeah, but if I could buy a P1CC to 32mm hose adaptor from Mafell, I'd buy it...regardless of cost.

If I could buy a Bosch Plunge Saw to 32mm hose adaptor from Bosch, I'd buy it...regardless of cost.

Instead, I'll go butcher a butcherable item from Axminster. Can't make much sense to Mafell and Bosch. And doubt I'm alone.

Wha's the problem if its regardless of cost, go out and buy the whole kit, then you will have your adaptors and probably five vacuums and untold amounts of extractors.

Mike

MikeJhn":3krdyetv said:
GeordieStew":3krdyetv said:

Wha's the problem if its regardless of cost, go out and buy the whole kit, then you will have your adaptors and probably five vacuums and untold amounts of extractors.

Mike
Because I want to use my dust deputy and I don't have a lot of space.

Three extractors would be fine... But I'd prefer 3 adapters which would be around 100mm cubed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back