Ducting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user22161

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Charnwood W691 dust/chip extractor which is in a corner of the workshop. It has a choice of 1 x 125mm or 2 x 100mm hose connections.

Rather than having to keep dragging the hose around, I want to duct about 3m each along the two adjacent walls at 90 degrees to each other - table saw on one wall and band saw & PT on the other. Unlikely that the TS and PT will be switched on at the same time but the TS may have top extraction at the same time as bottom on the same duct.

Bearing in mind the problem trying to mix and match 125mm and 100mm ducting, junctions, reducers, blast gates etc. I am inclined to use the twin inlets and just run 2 x 100mm separate ducts rather than one 125mm but, am I missing something?

Graham.

You will get much more airflow by keeping the ducting to 125mm for as long as you can and only going to 100mm at the least moment, if the machine demands it (due to only having a 100mm port).

Back