Duck!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PMK54":785ubdp4 said:
It sounds like NASA has bought and switched on its new toy, found nothing and worried that when this toy wears out they won't be given the cash to buy another. So some bright spark ('Charlie') on his way home has dangled a stone on a fishing line in front of the new toy so that the Night Shift Boss ('Bill') has seen a possible asteroid heading this way. Bill has phoned Charlie to tell him what he believes he's seen and at the next shift change they have drafted a justification document for 'Mark II Gizmo', which promises to resolve whether that 'asteroid' will in fact hit (Mark III will say where and Mark IV when). Then, on his way home Bill phones his Brother in Law (who makes concrete shelters) and tells him it'd be a good idea to start training extra staff.

Wait a minute, it's 1am and there's a bright glow in the sky....

:D This post reminded me of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy books, build a super computer to get the answer to life the universe and everything - then discover you need a better computer to actually get the question for the answer.

Its nothing to worry about I've seen Superman fly up and divert them before so I'm sure he will rise to the occasion again! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back