Drinks Rack, Large Pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I made this as a wedding present for my sister and her fiancee. It is a wine rack and a shelf for spirits.

I am very pleased with it as I am still only a novice, and apart from trouble with snipe on my thicknesser, everything went smoothly and to plan.

It is made from maple and mahogany. The mahogony is from a 50 year old packing crate fom Zambia. I have a customer who used to live over there and she had her stuff shipped back to england in it. One day she asked if I could take all this old wood to the tip... "yeah, sure.... i'll take it to the tip, he he"

Anyway, your thoughts and any constructive critisism would be gratefully received, as I am still learning.

drinks%20rack%201.jpg

drinks%20rack%202.jpg

drinks%20rack%203.jpg

drinks%20rack%204.jpg

not sure about the dodgy period drama on the telly, but the wine rack looks great!!

one clarification though......

the racks aren't in the centre right?

after 8 years managing a winebar..........

may I suggest that you tell your sis that the back as we look at the pics is actually the FRONT and that the back goes hard against a wall.

that way the necks of the bottles will protrude and the shoulder drop into the gap in the middle with the bottom of the bottle against the wall.

This will stop the bottle slipping out and keep the cork moist from the inside prolonging the life of the wine.

it's a good build!!!

The last two threads on this forum have included walnut from a skip and mahogny rescued from the tip :shock:

Not envious at all.

Nice wine rack by the way.

Slimjin81 wrote
Anyway, your thoughts and any constructive critisism would be gratefully received, as I am still learning.

Find it very difficult to pass a comment from the photo's, would be better if we could pop round and then pass on our comments (after a glass or two to oil the vocals) :D :D :D :D

Only joking Looks great

Alan.

Latest posts

Back