drawer runners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza111

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi again. Am going to try and put together some cabinets with drawer boxes this weekend for storage of tools in my garage. Plan on picking up some screwfix ball bearing slides. Would appreciate some answers to some questions if anyone can offer anything. Am struggling abit.

Can the drawer boxes be the whole depth of the inner of the carcass if not how much shall I keep them from the back?

Do these runners need to be ideally the same length as the outer depth of drawer box or can they be smaller/ bigger?

When fixing the inner (carcass) part of the runner how much if anything shall I inset the runners from the edge of cabinet?

I noticed the width of the drawer runners are 12.5 mm should I deduct 25 mm from the total width of drawer box or will this be a bit tight should I add another 1mm or so (each side) for clearance?

Any help would be great to any of the questions. Tried drawers once before and got in a mess with them. Any others tips are welcome.

Thanks again

T

Latest posts

Back