Drawer runners ... but flat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlwaysLearning

Established Member
Reaction score
So what are they called? I've been trying to google them but can't find the right search terms to bring up what I'm looking for.

What I'm trying to built is a shelf mounted about half way up on the inside cupboard. The simple solution is just a couple of brackets, but because the cupboard is deep, I'm hoping to be able to put a platform on the shelf to slide out.

Problem is I can only attach it on one side so the usual side mounted drawer runners are no good. There's no vertical pillar to build out from either. And nothing above it that I could screw into and take load. My ideal solution is a horizontally mounted runner but I just can't find any.

I think generally drawer runners of the style linked to above can be used on the flat but the load they can take is reduced by quite a bit. I'm sure some do give alternative specs for if under mounted.

Doug

I've been through some sites looking at runners, but they all say side mount. I am tempted to get a couple of beefy ones and mount flat though but there really must be ones designed fro the job somewhere.

Back