Drawer Lock cutter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbingley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a drawer lock cutter from Wealden, the "B" type, but with no instructions I'm totally baffled as how to use the cutter so that the drawer side fits behind the front.
Went back to the site and bought an "A" type cutter. Within five minutes of setting the cutter I had my first drawer front and sides done.

The reason I bought the "B" type in the first place was the extra groove and therefore more glue line.

So if anyone who has used the "B" type with success would be kind enough to post detailed instructions on how to use it I would be very grateful.
Better still a video. :p

Cheers
Chris.

Hi Chris,

I must admit that I did not about the two type of draw lock cutter. :oops: I have one that turns out to be an 'A' type.
Having had a look at the Wealden site, I don't think there is any difference in how you use them?
Here is the picture for setting up the 'A' type:
Img202.gif

While this is for the 'B' type:
Img203.gif

In both cases you just flip the side and if you set the depth of cut correctly the two parts lock together.

Thanks for the reply Dave.
Looking at your picture, that's exactly what I thought.
But the two joints when made, don't remotely come together.

Ah well, never mind, at least the "A" type works easily and produces a nice tight joint.

Cheers
Chris.

Back